Dunne

to be honest i think its time for dunne to go. he has been an amazing servant for manchester city but he has lost alot of what he had at best i think he is a championship player now.

GG dunnie but cya

gl in the future...

mr t said:
Recently his timing has looked terrible. Also I don't think he should be captaining the team - he dosen't display any leadership qualities in his behaviour.

I've no doubt that he's been magnificent for us in the past but he's past his sell by date and if we can't get a better centre back we won't progress next season.

If Dunne had leadership qualities then Richards wouldnt be caught out of position so often.
He would be ensuring that he is IN position by either man-managing him or by pure fear of being caught out of position.

Can you imagine the rollocking that Richards would receive if Stuart Pierce was still the captin!
He would do it once - and once only.

I love Dunney and its a shame but we have moved forward - Richards needs to buck his ideas up too but someone with real leadership qualiaties will be able to guide him a lot better than Dunney is doing and get him back to his best.

kippax88 said:
to be honest i think its time for dunne to go. he has been an amazing servant for manchester city but he has lost alot of what he had at best i think he is a championship player now.

GG dunnie but cya

gl in the future...

he has become a liability. there was no need to go into the challenge the way he did to get his second yellow card. as you say, hes been a great servant to the club but he aint gonna take us to the places we want to go. its brutal but its a cut throat business, get rid

IrishMacca said:
If they get booked early on and they are playing against a player who is faster or stronger then them then it'll be a very hard night. Ya it was a stupid clumsy challenge, but give the guy a break.

Nail Head.

But it is happening way too often with Dunne, and it is costing us,
Yeh he is a stalwart, has given his all before now and some players could learn a thing or 2 regarding commitment from him,
But the fact of the matter is he is getting caught out too often.

Some good points made in this thread about Dunne, Richards and the poor management, and I want Hughes to stay by the way, but. Dunne getting himself sent off is the biggest single reason we didnt go through last night.

This will be Dunne's last season at City. Too many mistakes and red cards have cost him dear which when added to the fact we've got the money to buy a top notch replacement ends up with him heading out the exit door. All the best Dunne, you've been a cracking servant to the club and we'll all have great memories (especially ones Vs the rags and when we beat Chelsea at home) but it's time to call it quits before you ruin your legendary status.

Kompany for captain!!

RealMancsAreBlue said:
TudorRose said:
Bunk said:
I firmly believe he'll be a bit-part player next season, if not let go entirely. I think the centreback position will be the first position we look to strengthen this summer. I'd favour pillaging Everton of Lescott, hell lets Jagielka too.

He's been a fantastic servant of the club down the years and it's not been all bad but for every well timed crucial challenge he's made there are almost an equal number of moments of pure calamity. Last night was no different and Jol clearly had the Hamburg players targeting him after he got that early booking. The red card was painfully inevitable and how Hughes didn’t see it coming bewilders me.

Jagielka is dog sh*t

Lescott is Ok but Everton are well drilled, City aren't.

Dunne is no better or worse than the two above.

So Dunne is as good as Lescott is he mate?.........................

Everton are well drilled and defend properly as a team. It makes ok players stand out because they don't concede. Their whole defence contains ok/good players. In fact the whole team contains ok/ good players barr Arteta and Cahill (at a push). They are work horses for the cause. They know how to defend, play and get results. City don't at the moment, especially away from home.

Dunne is equal to Lescott on his day. Last year under Sven, Richards and Dunne were "one of the best pairings in the Prem" early in that particular season, now City don't defend properly, as a team from the midfield it makes Dunne look an awful player.

PLayer of the year 4 years on the run and now he's rubbish???....fickle

All fuckin day i've heard this. Dunne is shit, he's gotta go, he's a liability etc etc etc.

From where i was stood (level2 corner of west stand) that tackle looked alright to me. Granted i'd had a few, and i've seen no replays or slo-mo's, but i thought he did what he had to do. You could say he took one for the team. What else is He gonna do there when Micah's nowhere near and the striker was pretty useful?

Before he commited his 'crime' he was having a solid game and winning everything he went in for.

We didn't lose that game because Dunne got sent off. Blaming one player for a result is ridiculous and too many people are too quick to blame it on Dunne. I'd rather we had him than the gangsta wannabee from the swamp.

Would be a decent enough squad player and a good man to have around the club for a year or two but defo not good enough to be first choice next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.