E-mail sent around at work...

Blue4ever85

Recently, British Royal Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees,
and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products!

I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Sgt. Howard Wright,
1 Platoon, Recon Company, Royal Marines

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS... PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E- MAIL LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED, LOST LIMBS AND EVEN DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM!!!

AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK , and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do our bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions are.

A lot of companies dont support the war be it whoever. What I can see is that they are right to take this stance. Who in there right mind would support the killing of innocent people which happens during a war it happens but there is no way of preventing it from happening.

All the best when you do deploy and I pray to god you come back home safe. I know I wouldn't be able to do what you do but be safe out there.

this is not a surprise. they may not support the war (i dont either) but when will these faceless corperations learn? its obviously detremental to what they are doing ie: making money, but people fighting for them are over there, live with it.

This is SPAM bollox......Starbucks have outlets within the American Army bases in Afganistan as do Pizza hut and Mcdonalds etc.......this is one of those dodgy letters that do the rounds.......ITS BOLLOX

Citytillidie69 said:
This is SPAM bollox......Starbucks have outlets within the American Army bases in Afganistan as do Pizza hut and Mcdonalds etc.......this is one of those dodgy letters that do the rounds.......ITS BOLLOX

spam are in on it too? right, thats it. i love spam, i often have it with egg on 2 slices of toast.

looks like my love affair is over. how could you spam?

If people would only do a quick google before sending these emails......the soldier in the email is actually an American marine...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/ ... s-iraq.htm</a>

You do all know that im not the soldier dont you? lol.

It's just an e-mail I got sent to me at work :)

what is it with all these coffee houses springing up all over the place anyway?? and then you get starbucks,costa bomb,cafe nero all next to each other!! takes the piss!! valuable city centre property space,that could be selling something much more traditional and worthwhile like beer! I bet our troops dont like their coffee anyway.write to pg tips or something,bet theyll sort you out.

Blue4ever85 said:
You do all know that im not the soldier dont you? lol.

It's just an e-mail I got sent to me at work :)

yeah, i knew that mate. But what you have done by posting it on here is to propagate the myth/rumour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.