ebay auctions

Did you just bid on that or did you spread your bids if you knew what you were looking for? I order quite a bit from ebay on the buy now function it's obviously easier, BTW I am a bit crap at poker I couldn't bluff my way out of a pillow fight.

I just keep an eye out for what might go cheap and bid what I think I want to pay. If you need something quick then that is different.

I sell a bit on eBay, just personal stuff not as a business. I often wonder about the number of watchers that don’t translate into bids. I assume people want to know what stuff sells for before listing their own

I forever watch things I don’t really want. I’ll chuck a bid in at the end if needs be but I buy clothes from Depop now. No bidding.

Before lockdown my son and his mates would buy loads of music equipment from Cash Converters. He said that they never had a clue what they were selling. They would then put them on ebay. Usually they would make about 50% profit
Really? my cash converters in Canada, for audio equipment anyways, has always got high prices. and the stuff sits there forever till its poked and prodded at, looks crap, and is not worth having.
Ebay is a joke for what i want, the japanese paid way to dear for some equipment, now they are flooding ebay with high prices and the domestic sellers think its worth that as well keeping it way up high.

There a few bargains to be had but you have to know a few hacks, I am mainly looking for cycling gear and there a couple of pop up outlets from big suppliers such as Wiggle and even Rapha who tend to put returned items on auction however they for some reason they don’t name their outlets after their normal name, Wiggle for instance is tri-sport_resort

A few years ago I used to go round car boot & table top sales buying CDs, I rarely paid more than a quid each mostly it was just 50p. I then listed them on ebay and made a tidy little profit. It got so that I had to buy CD sized jiffy bags and replacement jewel cases in bulk. You quickly learn which CDs are good sellers, usually niche genres like lesser known dance CDs and stuff that never made the charts. It was fun while it lasted.

I have tried to win a few lots on auction but everything I seem to go for goes above what you can just buy now on the main listings. I'm just wondering if anyone has won an auction on there and got a bargain in the process?

the trick is to wait and bid right at the end and set you limit

Surely the really feckless ones will get just as pissed on Sunday and roll into work pissed/late or throw a sickie?
You're right mate. Bought a second-hand electric bike last September on eBay when I was pissed, Saturday night as it happens: /... Turned out to be a bag o' shite bodged job. Electrics shorted out within a week but luckily my mate is a dab hand in electronics and sorted it out, although it cost me an extra 30 quid for another circuit board.

As for buying things drunk, I thought I'd hired a full apartment on airbnb 3 years ago for a week in Bucharest. Turned out I'd just rented a bedroom/bathroom with shared kitchen and lounge. My bed on arrival had the owners cat on it when I got there and the bed stank a bit cat piss like. I felt uneasy staying there and wasn't giving the owner and cat a chance of watching me walk round her flat bollock naked for a week, so I slept there only one night and left first thing in morning to Constanta on the coast for 3 nights.

Gets a costly do buying things under the influence of alcohol: /

Bought via auction a Raymond Weil watch
£700 retail, cost me £180

It was a retirement present that the bloke was never going to wear

17341084_1_640.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.