Eberechi Eze

That's our "big Rice money" signing? No thanks, I would rather go into season with what we have and get Wirtz next season. Buying a 25yo one season wonder with 1 England app to his name for 90m quid? This is not a Man City level signing. More like United.
I am 100% in lock step with you. I was just going to post just keep McAtee and save the money if that's our only option...

Im quite happy with the targets actually.. Eze needs to move now though if hes going, hes already 25 and to take the next step Pep needs to get a hold of him not to give him some structure and and make him flourish from there similarly to KDB, not any comparison in any other way though, but both of them where very free souls that need structure to really excel I feel.

And Doku will give the chaos that will be need to be reigned in at times as well, but not so that he doesnt do what hes been put on the pitch to do, hes much younger though.

And Barella is much more of a Klopp signing to me and older as well, Wirtz would have been very nice though.. but doesnt want to move Ive heard with the home Euros coming up next summer.

Last edited:
I am 100% in lock step with you. I was just going to post just keep McAtee and save the money if that's our only option...
That's what I suggested in another post. Eze is a decent player, but to go from the likes of Bellingham, Rice, Barella, and Wirtz to Eze? How does he improve us? People saying it's not our money are missing the point. At 90m quid, or just slightly more, we can get someone levels above Eze, both in skill and potential. If no such player is available, let's wait. That's what we have always done, and it has always worked out for the best. If we buy him now, we are not going to go for a high-profile midfielder next summer that we really need.

edit: @JewelZee, I have just realised you are most likely referring to my McAtee post :).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.