Echo and the Bunnymen Ocean Rain Tour

bluesteve1964

The Bunnymen hit the Palace Theatre on 24 September. Just booked tickets and there are very few left. Read conflicting reports, some say they are performing with a full orchestra others say just the string section. Either way should be good. Ocean Rain in my top 5 albums of all time.
For once the match being on TV has helped. Everton match kicks off at 12.45, couple at the ground then afternoon in town. Should be a top day as long as we can beat the blue scouse jinx.

been to see the bunnymen tons of times . fantastic i will be over for the game then the gig. watched them in sheffield once and mac was asking if there where anyone who could speak french, i replied nicolas anelka. and i am sure that he had just scored for us against the dippers. gave mac loads of good banter and city chants. at the end of the encore he threw is plectrum to me . couple of days later i watched them in liverpool and when there was a quiet period i started to chant city songs. at which mac duly acknowleged with ow no not that crazy manc bastard again.

Swales lives said:
Seen em a few times and they were okay. Always preferred them on record to live performance.

That McCulloch bloke though is a Grade A fucking dicksplash.

I saw the Ocean Rain tour a couple of years ago when they played Liverpool Arena.

Very disappointing.

Love all their albums, but live it was so-so.

Seen them a couple of times, both in Liverpool, and that may have been the problem. Too much matey scouse banter, too much tribalism, too many drugs taken by the lead singer! The crowd adored him... even though no one was actually listening to them!

He seems pissed and slurred his way through half a dozen songs before I gave up and left early.

Like you say, better on record.

Went to the gig at The Palace last night.The set was split in 2, the first half was very average with quite a few tracks I didn't know and a poor rendition of 'Dancing Horses'
In the second half they did the whole Ocean Rain album and I was really impressed. There was a 6 piece string ensemble accompanying them and the sound was fantastic. 'Crystal Days' and 'Seven Seas' being the highlights.
McCulloch had a bit of banter with crowd and stopped half way through Ocean Rain to have someone kicked out. Sounded a bit pissed and talked about musical links between Manchester and Liverpool. Then out of the blue he said Ringo Starr was a first class c**t who was probably sat by the pool in LA reading the Sun, which got a big cheer.
Overall a good night and would recommend anyone tempted to see them to go for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.