Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it not cross your mind that Bravo was a great keeper and between the media, other fans and in particular sections of our own fans destroyed any confidence he had? I suggest no goalkeeper could play well whilst being constantly abused by fans at home matches. He was a scapegoat for the Joe Hart fan club and the 'old style goalkeepers rule' club. I just hope any new keeper doesn't get the same treatment

I think if he'd have played well everyone would have got right behind him..but it was howler after howler for him..not just once but several times and early on..he was on a hiding to nothing from then on in

There were no howlers that I saw but many perceived howlers. There were some shots he should've saved but by that time his confidence was shot. Once he and stones collided against the rags and angry man scored the goal then the writing was on the wall. Literally every non City fan and the media in particular crucified him from then on. The English media may mostly hate City but they didn't want Hart displaced despite slating Hart throughout and after the Euros. I don't care how tough you are, that kind of continuous abuse will take its toll, and it has. As I said I just think he was hung out to dry and I hope his replacement isn't.

There were no howlers that I saw but many perceived howlers. There were some shots he should've saved but by that time his confidence was shot. Once he and stones collided against the rags and angry man scored the goal then the writing was on the wall. Literally every non City fan and the media in particular crucified him from then on. The English media may mostly hate City but they didn't want Hart displaced despite slating Hart throughout and after the Euros. I don't care how tough you are, that kind of continuous abuse will take its toll, and it has. As I said I just think he was hung out to dry and I hope his replacement isn't.
I still think he will come good next season if he wants to stay,this season is a write off for him though i think

I still think he will come good next season if he wants to stay,this season is a write off for him though i think
I agree with you Karen but I really don't think he'll stay. The reaction to him at home games by sections of our own fans has left a really bad taste with everyone who wasn't a hater. No matter who becomes number one they deserve our full support, the job is a lonely one with no place to hide when things go wrong without that kind of abuse. Fingers crossed he's been the scapegoat for the old to new transition, I think that's the best we could expect but who knows.

I agree with you Karen but I really don't think he'll stay. The reaction to him at home games by sections of our own fans has left a really bad taste with everyone who wasn't a hater. No matter who becomes number one they deserve our full support, the job is a lonely one with no place to hide when things go wrong without that kind of abuse. Fingers crossed he's been the scapegoat for the old to new transition, I think that's the best we could expect but who knows.
Abuse at games is out of order,trouble is it won't stop,it'll be a shame if it makes him give up
There is truth with what you say about him taking over from joe,i don't think the next keeper will get the same treatment

City fans not supporting our own players is always unacceptable.
With Bravo though you can call it what you like, newness of the league to him, lack of confidence, etc but he's not saving shots that a good goalie should be and when there are only s couple of shots against us each game then that's a huge bloody problem.
A goalie is always judged a little differently to other players certainly on the basics because an error or not quite getting it right can be disasterous for the result.
It''s not like he's letting the ball through his legs all the time (e.g a howler) but he does not seem to be doing what a good goalie should like spreading himself as big as he can, watching the near post, not being balanced etc and this leads to not stopping shots/headers that he should.
So it was right to drop him and possibly should be done before and I do suspect we need to go for a real top keeper in the summer as I can't see Claudio doing this without huge improvement

Love City's wrote on Twatter that he's liked a post by City.
0bf614cfec11f5a7d7e4ec67bf98e00b.jpg

It does show that Ederson is keen on joining us (similar to when Fernandinho joined). Although he has shown promise at Benfica he is still a raw keeper though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.