Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo's problem at City hasn't really been high balls or outjumping Benteke, it's been deteriorating reflexes to the point where he simply wasn't making saves most GKs do, saves where you go 'decent save but one you expect a GK to make'.

Small goalkeepers rely on quicker reflexes. Bravo's problem is age, I think. I don't think Ederson would be another Bravo. I'd prefer a taller GK myself so long as he's good on the ball, Handanovic would be my pick but I'd be happy with Ederson from what I've seen. Not too happy with the prices I'm seeing but I can't control what the club does.

I think 35 is reasonable, and I would guess City would be willing to go to 40 but no higher. He looks class, though.
Yea i think anywhere from 30-40 we grab him. if hes as good as advertised then we let him win that job for us for the future.

Yea i think anywhere from 30-40 we grab him. if hes as good as advertised then we let him win that job for us for the future.

He's gonna be fucking great imo. At his age and ability another big reason for Pep to stay more than two more years as well :)

What concerns me is people were saying same about Bravo last year and look how that turned out
I have watched both Bravo and Ederson before they join City. Bravo did a great World Cup and Copa America but he wasn't that great for Barcelona as Ederson is for Benfica. Don't forget that he shared the first team with Ter Stegen.

Also Bravo joined City when he was already ~33 years old (he won't improve). Ederson will join us with ~23 years old, he is already too good and can improve a lot.

Has this deal gone dead? It's gone very quiet. I think we should single-mindedly go after him, and not take no for an answer. Pay what needs to be paid. Everything about him sounds good, including his age.

There was a report in the Portuguese Record last weekend that the Benfica club president had been in England last week concluding a deal, likely Ederson to City, and the player has long been reserved for us.

I'd say this one could take time to work out an agreement, given the additional party involved.

There was a report in the Portuguese Record last weekend that the Benfica club president had been in England last week concluding a deal, likely Ederson to City, and the player has long been reserved for us.

I'd say this one could take time to work out an agreement, given the additional party involved.

That's very, very good news.

Benfica are demanding €30m for Ederson, who they own 50% of. Rio Ave have refused to sell their 50% to Benfica, delaying any deal. [Record]

Manchester City and Manchester United are both in the fight for Ederson, with Pep Guardiola's team the closest to a deal. [Record]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.