Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

BoyBlue_1985 said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Blimey I know Dzeko is famous in Bosnia but the Bosnians we got on here might as well just call him God. Its unbelievable some of the stuff i have read on here. Dzeko is better than Aguero and Falcao. Blimey blimey blimey
i do like him though and he does score goals but realism is still needed at times

You got to understand that in 20 years Dzeko will be Bosnian national manager and in 30-40 president of Bosnia.

I like him as a player but at the end of it all he's just that.

Fair play to Dzeko and this lot, would love to know his foreign policy but its just ridiculous
That it is, that it is my friend...

Hahah peeps are starting to talk shit again about dzeko. That means.

1. Kun is about to come back from injury and directly takes dzeko place (even though hes scored while starting something some keyboard warriors where admit he is incapable of doing).

2. some special posters say ''we are just critical about our players, and we dont have anything against him '' deep down they fukin hate the guy which is baffling since hes done nothing to cause so much hate.

Ray78 said:
There is a little bit of blind faith when it comes to Edin. I like him as a player, but Falcao is a lot better footballer. Edin does deserve to play regular football, but he just doesn't suit our style.

This i totally agree with. However, this is a separate discussion.

My earlier point was not whether Dzeko is best suited for our play, my point was that Dzeko has outperformed all of our strikers (despite the fact that he is not best suited for our style of play) - and he has outperformed each one of Tevez, Aguero and Balloteli, hands down.

But yes, you are correct, Dzeko is not best suited for City. Imagine his output if he went to Chelsea or Arsenal?

But that is not going to happen. They will let Dzeko go only somewhere out of the UK. Germans are probably most likely to afford him.

Unless, Mancini gets a boot, in which case depending on who is the new boss, he might stay.

WimbledonRd said:
LoveCity said:
WimbledonRd said:
Dzeko is the only decent striker above 6 feet. Where will you find a prolific striker of his size?

So Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Jovetic, Benzema, Higuain, and Lewandowski (all 6ft or taller) are not even "decent" now? Heard it all.

Who says we will even want a tall striker anyway? I mean Falcao isn't even 6ft but has a great leap and gets above tall defenders for headers.

NONE OF THOSE ARE ON THE MARKET YOU IDIOT!!!

Why do all these Bosnians/Dzeko fans go crazy with the all caps?

I still think that "Arsenal fan" was actually EaglesFan. In fact, I think WimbledonRd is also EaglesFan.

Dzeko is a great striker and we`re very lucky to have him,we already new he`s great in the air and a prolific goal scorer.This season i do see an improvement with his overall game ,his passing is better his control looks assured he just needs to link up better with the other strikers.In saying all that Edin would score 25 goals a season in any league given good service from wingers!

WimbledonRd said:
Ray78 said:
There is a little bit of blind faith when it comes to Edin. I like him as a player, but Falcao is a lot better footballer. Edin does deserve to play regular football, but he just doesn't suit our style.

This i totally agree with. However, this is a separate discussion.

My earlier point was not whether Dzeko is best suited for our play, my point was that Dzeko has outperformed all of our strikers (despite the fact that he is not best suited for our style of play) - and he has outperformed each one of Tevez, Aguero and Balloteli, hands down.

But yes, you are correct, Dzeko is not best suited for City. Imagine his output if he went to Chelsea or Arsenal?

But that is not going to happen. They will let Dzeko go only somewhere out of the UK. Germans are probably most likely to afford him.

Unless, Mancini gets a boot, in which case depending on who is the new boss, he might stay.

He suits Chelsea's style more than Arsenal. You are also right that City will not sell him to Premier League rival.

Just for the record - I don't want him as president. It's enough to have highly educated fools there, footballer as president is not something I'd enjoy :)

There's no point to discuss Dzeko with most of Bosnians, it's like discussing Balotelli with his boys. If you don't think he is a mix of Pele/Maradona/Messi/Ronaldox2 you'll get involved in some crap of a discussion.

Hey lads,

"Long time listener, first time caller". I've been reading posts on this forum for two years now and I'm availing myself of the opportunity to greet all City fans. I had the urge to register and write couple of words regarding Dzeko and his situation in the club. To clarify at the start, I'm Bosnian (oh no, again one of the Bosnians, what does he want). Please hear me out (I'll try to be objective and not to be intrusive).

I've been reading how Bosnians consider Dzeko a God, President and God knows what else and no one even tried to contemplate for the reasons we glorify him so much. Do you know anything about our country since we know a lot about yours? Do you know that Dzeko comes from a small, but proud country? Country where nothing functions, where politicians are leading the country to its doomsday, where war and atrocities happened in the recent past and where soccer is one of the brightest stars in our every day's lives. It stands to reason that we stand proud when someone mentions Edin's name. Thus, we all eagerly wait man City games and to watch our Diamond play.

I just want to highlight that he is not appreciated by many City fans as much as he should be. I'll not emphasize his statistics, since you all elaborated them in the previous posts. However, many of you seem to forget Tevez's actions in the past (leaving the club, talking trash about the club etc), while benevolent Dzeko sat quietly, trying to get in the first team. All Dzeko's moves are seen through a microscope, and his mistakes are highlighted while Tevez and Aguero get away with theirs. I won't talk against other strikers (except the above mentioned Tevez's). They are all decent strikers and that's fine. I just think that Dzeko deserves to be in a club where he will be appreciated and not be used in such bad contexts that I have read here. I wish you all the best I and sincerely hope you will win the Premier League, with or without Dzeko (hopefully with).

I deeply apologize for the length of my post and sincerely hope that someone will read it through :)

Cheers

MSP said:
Just for the record - I don't want him as president. It's enough to have highly educated fools there, footballer as president is not something I'd enjoy :)

There's no point to discuss Dzeko with most of Bosnians, it's like discussing Balotelli with his boys. If you don't think he is a mix of Pele/Maradona/Messi/Ronaldox2 you'll get involved in some crap of a discussion.
Lol that was a joke of course.
And at this point it seems that discussing him in any way is pointless and not just with Bosnians .
He is who he is, like him or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.