EDS player most likely to feature for the first team this season

jamesha

Team supported
Manchester City
Just wondering which player(s) from the EDS people think have the best chance of getting some first team involvement this coming season.

The wide attacking positions seem to be where the club is most willing to play youngsters and if Cole Palmer continues to have injury problems I could see a spot on the bench opening up for the likes of Borges.
JWE did seem to have a good chance at left back - it will be interesting to see if Gomez is selected as the primary backup left back.

I am hoping that the five subs rule change might offer more opportunities for the young lads but I guess the most important factor will be whether we could establish a lead over other contenders and so can take the "risk" of throwing some kids in.

Rico Lewis at right back has already got minutes this season, Josh Wilson-Esbrand will also likely get minutes with our relative lightness in depth at full back.

Luke Mbete no doubt will also play in the cups I reckon, Laporte being injured and Stones’ usual fitness issues will mean that Dias and Ake will probably be the starting pair certainly for the first part of the season so to give them a rest Mbete will have to rotate in

Oscar Bobb seems to have started the EDS season really well, though we all know that doesnt necessarily transfer itself into first team minutes. However with KDB, Gundogan and Bernardo as the only properly recognised centre mids at the moment he may sneak a few in here and there.

Carlos Borges looks a dead cert for a minute or two as well as Adedire Mebude, if not at least just to show them two that there are opportunities, both of them look excellent players with pace to burn

Other than that I cant see anyone else getting game time unless the stars align and they drop really lucky.

Honourable mentions go to Miki van Sas, Jadel Katongo, Josh Adam, Daniel Ogwuru, Nico O’Reilly and Joel Ndala who all look like they’ve got something about them but are a million miles away from first team minutes just yet

You’d think Shea Charles would get some EFL cup minutes in midfield, especially as he is the captain and already has several NI caps. Plus Lavia has moved on and others such as Doyle, Fiorini and McAtee are on loan.

I can’t imagine Pep wouldn’t think he couldn’t handle a game against a lower league team with some of the seniors mixed in.

You’d think Shea Charles would get some EFL cup minutes in midfield, especially as he is the captain and already has several NI caps. Plus Lavia has moved on and others such as Doyle, Fiorini and McAtee are on loan.

I can’t imagine Pep wouldn’t think he couldn’t handle a game against a lower league team with some of the seniors mixed in.
Shea Charles is a DM. If we are giving somebody minutes to rest Rodri it is definitely going to be Kalvin Phillips to get him up to speed.

Will probably be a few involved, but primarily in the domestic cups and some sub appearances or maybe a CL dead rubber. Rico Lewis will probably get a few sub appearances and maybe a couple starts. Doubt JWE will play much after we signed Gomez.
I think Bobb might get a couple opportunities at CM, with KDB, Bernardo and Gundo as the only recognised CMs. Incredibly good technically and a great Merlin esque final ball. Been very good for the EDS first couple games. I also think one of Borges and Mebude will get their debut, not sure which one of them. Borges is the most unique, with no first teamers having a similar skill set, but Mebude is slightly more of a typical «Pep winger», so kinda hard to guess

Rico Lewis will get plenty this season.

Of the rest of the EDS, I think Borges is a good bet. He’s a great prospect and has started this season very well. Dire Medube might get a chance.

Maybe Oscar Bobb too given he was player of the year. I said in the summer that Lewis was perfect for mins as an inverted RB given he can play either RB and DM/CM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.