EDS team

But...but...the Academy has improved leaps and bounds since Marwood has taken over??

Know it's not the case, but we seem to lose a helluva lot of games at this level?

I'm not particularly arsed about bringing talent through.

Is it nice, of course.

Have always considered it a romantic notion rather than a realistic one.

Outside of Barca, nobody has the emotional pull to plead for patience.

The more successful the first team, the further away a lot of these lads might consider it worth picking up decent pay day for their ages and then leaving for pastures new.

It's a problem with modern day football, it's about the here and now.

Teams with money will always buy in rather than allow time for players to develop, Chelsea is a good example of this with John Terry the last player to come through the ranks and make it in the first team, we'll be the same.

Love him or hate him but Wenger is a master at developing youth and the reason that if you ask any kid his preferred destination would be Arsenal. I would love to see him in our set up in the future one way or another, he's certainly wasted at Arsenal with his hands tied behind his back.

I think the new training complex will be a good pull for the kids of tomorrow but they'll still need to see that there's a chance of a break through, a chance they may or may not get, who knows?

Danamy said:
It's a problem with modern day football, it's about the here and now.

Teams with money will always buy in rather than allow time for players to develop, Chelsea is a good example of this with John Terry the last player to come through the ranks and make it in the first team, we'll be the same.

I think the reason Chelsea's academy is not producing is simply down to the manager turn around, no manager is ever settled enough to feel confident trying out the youngsters.

With the Mancini 5 year deal I hope that we will see a fair few of our youth team progress to the 1st team in the very near future. Enough to give the youth players hope that they can get in to the team so the really talented ones wont fear coming here

i was at Hyde last night and for 2 of last seasons Next Gen games. I am concerned about our performances and results.For heavens sake last season Celtic hammered us. I agree with many comments on this thread about last nights players-Suarez perhaps too talented by comparison with his team-mates but he needs to know when to release the ball. I didnt know Lopes was only !6- but he looked completely out of it-his family were sitting behind me so I had to maintain a diplomatic silence. Hughes our best player but lost something after his booking and subbed not long after. Henshall should have been on much earlier - he can take on players and beat them (and does so regularly from what Ive seen}However my major concern last night was the inflexibility of the coach- one up front wasnt working- their number 5 and captain was another of their good players but no change even when 2 down . Then again its not so long ago we seemed to moan at Mancini for lack of planB and look at us now.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
oldius said:
A little unfair to say that everyone was poor. Emwr Huws looked good; very powerful player with some good skills. I would look forward to seeing him some more on tonight's evidence. On another day some of Suarez' through balls would have paid early dividends though his threat was nullified by PSG's number six after the early threat.

They were a very well drilled unit, all comfortable on the ball and blessed with pace throughout the team. We had opportunities but did not look as familiar with each other as they did. I noticed Suarez shaking his head a couple of times as his moves did not come off. In fact, Suarez is clearly gifted but needs to show a little more adaptability. Consistently, he lost the ball as he was closed down in his attempts to turn and run with it. Releasing it more quickly and spinning away would have been more profitable as he became a little one dimensional for me.

Our central defender showed some composure and confidence in bringing the ball out from defence (No.5). George Evans looked shaky for the first time that I have seen. He was responsible for the first goal and it seemed to affect his confidence a little. He was pushed a little further forward as the game progressed but it doesn't seem his natural game.

An enjoyable night on the terraces and a tea and a Mars Bar for £2 against our £2.25 for hot drinks alone.

Good to see some little positives from what was a weak all round performance.Yes the left back did miss a great chance as did the right back and both in the first half.Huws did show some strong moments but not really enough to help control midfield and as you said Evans had a poor game especially after gifting the ball for their first goal.

The overall though was a disappointment.Suarez clearly very talented but seemingly forced to run with the ball more than he should because there either arent the options to pass to or the move breaks down when he does.

-- Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:56 am --

RVZ Urmston said:
Rekik, nah not for me I'm afraid , Helan is better, Suarez is a nice player but has he improved since I first saw him two years ago, not seen it.

Comedian eh , nice one.[/quote

So I'm a comedian, So you obviously don't watch EDS on a regular basis.
Please tell me who's place these lads are gonna take in the team?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.