Elano on way out?

mattyctid

11/12/2008 01:01
Elano Considering Lazio Move
Manchester City midfielder Elano is apparently interested in packing his bags for Rome...

Elano was a revelation last season in the English Premier League, but has been rather quiet this campaign and indeed often finds himself on the bench under Manchester City boss Mark Hughes.

Recent reports have suggested that Lazio are interested in bringing the Brazilian to the Stadio Olimpico and, according to Shakhtar Donetsk trainer Carlo Nicolini, Elano is interested in plying his trade in Serie A.

"I spoke with him four days ago and he asked me about Lazio," Nicolini told Teleradiostereo. "As I did with Matuzalem, I recommended he consider this possibility."

Elano could be looking for a new challenge and Nicolini is certain that Lazio is a likely destination for the former Shakhtar Donetsk player: "In my opinion, if he were to leave Manchester, he would go to Rome."

The 27-year-old is currently out of action with a groin injury that will keep him off the pitch until mid to late December.

Personally I would much rather have Diego from Werder Bremen than Elano. If we can also snatch Alex from Chelski, that would be wonderful. A Brazilian star on almost every part of the pitch.

I'd be amazed if he's still here after January.

He wants first team football and won't get that with us.

pissedagain said:
i reckon hughes is going to force him out anyway

I thought this when he wasnt in the starting line-up v the arse.
A game where he could of ran the midfield.

I think he is definitely out this January, which is a shame.

He would flourish in Italy. He would get more time and space. I would be sad to see him leave. If we replace him with Kaka or Diego then it might just make me get over him that little bit easier.

be happy to see him go if he is replaced with pure quality that doesnt do one hollywood pass a game then let his ego get in the way of playing a simple pass just becuase he is brazilian.

scottyboi said:
be happy to see him go if he is replaced with pure quality that doesnt do one hollywood pass a game then let his ego get in the way of playing a simple pass just becuase he is brazilian.

Better than 80% pass success rate this season, if his ego is such that he is only playing "hollywood passes" and there still coming off at that rate it's a phenomenal achievement.

Or it could be maybe that you're talking bollocks.

TBF i always think he tries the hollywood pass all to often, but when it comes off it's great.....the ball for Studge against PSG was brilliant.

I think it's down to him trying to hard to impress this season. It is ridiculous that Vass is keeping him out though so i wouldn't blame him for wanting to go.

How the hell are Vass and Benjani keeping Jo and Elano out!

I for one would be sad to see him leave. At present we have a relatively small squad and I reckon he could make a difference in certain games. I've said in another thread had he played against Fulham I reckon our chances of a win would have increased.
I don't see us making a large amount of better quality signings in January (maybe 3 or 4) so for the second half of the season he could be an assett.
Come the summer depending on where we finish we could have God knows how many new signings and that could be his time to try his luck in Italy.
His manager was in the City shop buying about 12 City tops with Elano's name on the back last week. Could be a momento of his time here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.