Electric cars

The owner of the company I work for has a Tesla
He drove from Glasgow to Birmingham with his charging points/coffee stops worked out, but at the final one all the charging points were out of order so he had to carry on his journey while ringing people to search for the nearest charging areas for him
As the battery life decreased the car then started shutting down to save energy. First the radio then air con, then his lights!
He eventually made it to the services on the m42 with about 4% battery life and brown skid marks in his underpants

sounds like he didn’t plan his trip very well.

i regularly drive from Northwich to West Thurrock (80 miles less than Glas to Brum) and only need to stop once in each direction.

there are many super chargers en route and all of the motorway options have at least 8 charging stalls.

edit: actually I recall Keele has 4...but there are many many more generic chargers along the way.

I have a Model 3. Best car I've ever driven. Once you get used to it you won't go back. Best analogy I heard was that getting Tesla is kind of like the switch from PC to Mac, for any computer geeks out there.

We don't do more than around 10k miles a year though and live in a major city that is well serviced with electrical points. I think if I had to drive more and go to more remote places then I'd defo way up my options and would probably punt for a Hybrid.

The one thing they don't tell you in the Tesla shop though is just how much their cool, and incredibly useful, features drain the battery. The car has eight cameras and if you are parked and have "sentry mode" switched on it will record whenever someone or something comes too close to your car. Now if you're parked in a busy car park it's recording every 20 mins and absolutely drains your battery over say eight hours!
I turned everything off.
it’s just like an iPad...has apps working in the background continuously

I’ve just got one of the kuga plug in hybrids. Top spec too

major recall on it at the moment so cannot plug in to charge until it is fixed, so having to just use the petrol hybrid engine, still getting about 50-60mpg on petrol because of the regen braking And charging. Not too bad for a 2.5l petrol engine on a big car

I was getting about 35 miles on pure electric when I could charge it, which I used to charge for free at the town hall.

just waiting on this bloody fix now, and hearing back from Ford about compensation

Didn't have the balls for range anxiety so went Hybrid until the charging infrastructure is better.

Got a 330e, Get just over 30 miles per day of pure electric and its an amazing car to drive.

Get around 80mpg on my 97 mile commute.

It's nice having petrol to rely on when you run out of charge. Similarly, it's nice having an electric to rely on when you've got an empty tank and can't be arsed to go fill up.
Wow !I have literally driven hundreds of 330e and I have never seen 30 or more miles on pure electric ! Got close to 29 once but average is around 21 miles, you must have a decent battery in that one,does it charge up quick in battery save ? The ones that charge quickly while on the move tend to have better electric milage .

That is a concern but hopefully one that will be less over time.

My boss managed to drive his tesla from Manchester to Hamberg and back with no issues on charging points.
I drove from Belgium to Croatia then to Switzerland.Easy as anything and cost me nothing, as I used Superchargers which are free for me

Had the Merc and then the BMW hybrids previously, now fully electric with the jaguar. Love the car, you just have to be organised in terms of the charging network and which ones are best. Can't see myself going back to ICE.

sounds like he didn’t plan his trip very well.

i regularly drive from Northwich to West Thurrock (80 miles less than Glas to Brum) and only need to stop once in each direction.

there are many super chargers en route and all of the motorway options have at least 8 charging stalls.

edit: actually I recall Keele has 4...but there are many many more generic chargers along the way.
You must live round the corner from me
I'm in Hartford

ignore it , it’s bollocks.

i have a Tesla and you can charge it from your plug socket at home if you want (you only get 9 miles per hour). Nearest supercharger to me is 8 miles away but there is a generic fast charger 2 miles away and a whole host of other charging options nearby.

unless you live on a remote island you will be fine.

DM me and I’ll answer any questions you have.

What sort of charger can you install at home or business?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.