Electric cars

The real criminals are the manufacturers and their bullshit range claims.

I'd tend to disagree - I mean claimed MPG figures are highly debatable like everything it is how you drive. If you want to apportion blame its to the providers of the charging network - I can drive from 7 charge points in a car park where I live 7 miles to the town centre where there are 20 charge points. I pass only two at a filling station on the way and one of those bays is always full with the car belonging to one of the people who works in the kiosk because I was told it never works anyway. On the same journey I pass loads of fuel pumps.
Until we have a support network its all meaningless.

I'm seeing quite a lot posts on social media of small tow trucks getting tickets for being overweight when carrying EV's, some as much a 50% over the axle weight of the vehicle. I'm not sure people are aware of just how much heavier EV's are compared to their ICE variants. The wear and tear on the roads due to an increase in heavier vehicles is definitely going to be a problem in the near future.
This extra weight will affect some bridges too I believe.

I'm looking at the Jaguar I-pace 2nd hand with 30k ish miles are 20k now. They have had great reviews, curious how much value a 2nd hand ev will lose as the market isn't really old enough yet.

The real criminals are the manufacturers and their bullshit range claims.
Exactly!

Electric car ads saying up to 'x amount' of miles on a charge but may vary... WILL vary, not may vary because people don't drive their vehicles on a test track in ideal conditions with no air con, no heating , no radio no headwind, etc.

My Skoda Enyaq has a claimed range of 330 miles but even in eco mode driven as easy as i can I've only managed about 265 miles and that was last summer with all the electrics off apart from daytime running lights.

If I'd have known their bullshit mileage range claims were nowhere near the truth i wouldn't have bought my car.

Exactly!

Electric car ads saying up to 'x amount' of miles on a charge but may vary... WILL vary, not may vary because people don't drive their vehicles on a test track in ideal conditions with no air con, no heating , no radio no headwind, etc.

My Skoda Enyaq has a claimed range of 330 miles but even in eco mode driven as easy as i can I've only managed about 265 miles and that was last summer with all the electrics off apart from daytime running lights.

If I'd have known their bullshit mileage range claims were nowhere near the truth i wouldn't have bought my car.

Yes the electric car ranges have become the new mpg as they BS what their cars are able to deliver.

We ditched our electric and went back to ICE until the charging network improves and the costs come down, the most annoying part was on long journeys, the range gets hammered when on motorways, which is when you generally need the longer range capabilites, then charging at service stations was as expensive as petrol but much more time consuming to "fill up"

Yes the electric car ranges have become the new mpg as they BS what their cars are able to deliver.

We ditched our electric and went back to ICE until the charging network improves and the costs come down, the most annoying part was on long journeys, the range gets hammered when on motorways, which is when you generally need the longer range capabilites, then charging at service stations was as expensive as petrol but much more time consuming to "fill up"
I think a lot of drivers were hoodwinked into buying electric by bullshit mileage claims and cheap(then) electric.

I bought my car at xmas 22 and started charging it at Lidl. I think it was 16p a kW which was really cheap to charge a 80kWh battery to 80% capacity from near empty. As the electric costs rose so did the charging costs (fair enough) but it's now 65p per kW at Lidl which as far as I know is the cheapest place to charge.

I don't drive much on motorways much and have only charged once on M6 which was expensive, in fact i don't drive much at all as I've done less than 6k miles in just over 2 years. I usually put charge in at Tesco which is still free but charge only lasts 10 to 15 minutes before needs plugging in again which is ok as i sit there for 2 hours charging. 'Every Little Helps' as they say: )

I'm thinking of selling my car whilst i can still get decent money for it and I will buy an e-bike if I do.

I'm looking at the Jaguar I-pace 2nd hand with 30k ish miles are 20k now. They have had great reviews, curious how much value a 2nd hand ev will lose as the market isn't really old enough yet.
That's a £70-£80k car down at £20k after what - 3 years? Their value has dropped-off a cliff. On the plus-side, the rate of depreciation from here on in will be nothing like as dramatic.

Some have been technically quite problematic so I would insist on seeing the maintenance record of the car.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.