Elite players of Ballon d'or Material

sam-caddick said:
I reckon Sergio could win it, he would have to have an immense season scoring lots of goals, important goals and a CL trophy to back it all up.

The goal against Newcastle is what we want to be seeing every week from Sergio but at the moment he is still in pre-season so you can expect inconsistency, most of the players has 6-7 more games than him though going into the season.

He should play against Paraguay in a week so that should go towards match fitness, I still think it will take him until October to get in full flow.
Aguero? Unlikely. He'd have to score more than Messi and Ronaldo who are not considered real strikers (inspite of regularly scoring more than anyone the last few years), absent that unlikelihood, he'd have to have a mix goals, assists and utter domination in some big games to merit it. He has never shown that capacity. So if CIty has someone on that list, he'd have to be a midfielder. So my guess will be a rejuvenated Silva. Yaya, if he keeps knocking in freekicks, add about 8 -10 assists, his customary 90% passing accuracy, 1 or 2 dominant performances against big clubs, and a few big bustling runs to boot, then Maybe. Personally, I don't see one on our team. Nor do I see one on Dortmund, yet that didnt stop them from being a whisker away from being CL champs.

And if you ask me, that is more of the kind of team I want. A bunch of all very good players, but none dominant enough to be superduperstar above all others star.

I wouldn't be suprised if Sergio got it at some point, but it won't be with us.

Cityinmyheart said:
Top teams have certain players that can be classified as Ball'on Dor Material or top 10 players of the world,,

Barca> Neymar and Messi

Real Madrid> Bale and Ronaldo

Bayern Munich>Ribery

Rag....Chavs...Arse> RVP ,Hazards and Ozil

I wonder if we have or should buy that player who can win Ballon d'or or is classified as 10 best players in the world.....
The only Prem player at that level is Kompany. van Persie has never won it and won't now at his age, Hazard is good but not that level - same with Özil.

Last season's European team of the season had no Prem players in it, the season before it had just Kompany. I find that about right. This league is exciting but it doesn't necessarily have the best players in it.

I don't give a cats arse that none of our players are or are not in the running for some twatty named piece of tat.

I care that they gell as a team and we win stuff and play great football.

Pointless frippery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.