Emigrating Abroad

I’d go to Stockholm if I had serious money. Malaga with some money. Eastern Europe with a little bit.

I don’t see my future in this country and that saddens me.

Going to bump this brilliant thread.

For those who have moved abroad - where did you look with regards to getting a job, or did you move with a company?

My career is in Marketing and Communications and feel that it's time to experience a different culture and lifestyle for a bit. I'm fairly open to most places, but the obvious, Dubai, Singapore etc appeal. Any advice much appreciated!
I didnt have a job in either Los Angeles or Brisbane, I just went to both places and started applying for jobs, it didnt take long to find them.

When I discovered this place, I just wanted to stay here and was willing to take any work I could get to make it happen. I'd never done any construction in Blitey, lily white hands. I worked at a ski resort for several winters at the Front Desk, got minimum wage but free skiing and lots of skirt, first summer I hopped on with a masonry crew and ran hod for a summer, I was in great shape after that. During the next winter I got offered a job as an apprentice carpenter...still banging nails but for myself and have a crew that do the hard work now

When I discovered this place, I just wanted to stay here and was willing to take any work I could get to make it happen. I'd never done any construction in Blitey, lily white hands. I worked at a ski resort for several winters at the Front Desk, got minimum wage but free skiing and lots of skirt, first summer I hopped on with a masonry crew and ran hod for a summer, I was in great shape after that. During the next winter I got offered a job as an apprentice carpenter...still banging nails but for myself and have a crew that do the hard work now
Construction you say...

i will never leave this lovely island. As soon as the kids are older plan is to spend 3 months of winter (jan to march) in the Canary Islands - love the seasons of the uk.

If you love the seasons so much why are you fucking off abroad for one of them??? #thickothinking

Just been offered a job in Malaysia and I'm probably gonna take it. Asia's great if you don't have any responsibilities outside yourself. You can get such a better standard of living on the same money. It's not for everyone though especially in non English speaking countries where you can easily end up just hanging out with other expats. And expats are a weird bunch.

I truly wish I could go and live in New Zealand. Our daughter and her family live in Tauranga and it is a lovely place. Unfortunately NZ insist you have an insane amount of money before they let you in unless most of your family live over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.