Emirates FA Cup Changes Ahead of 2024/25:

What motivation would the FA and the Premier League have for enabling some of its member clubs to fuck off and join an independent organisation?

Who knows? One reason could be they know it's inevitable. Therefore they are seen to be bending over backwards to accommodate them. This in turn invokes mounting anger against the sly six as we're now called. Eventually every fan of other clubs actually welcome it if it happens with a "Good riddance!" Job done.

They sound like this government. If something doesn't fit make it fit. FA Cup games will only take place at weekends! But round 4 will take place Friday to Wednesday? Now, I know I am a FOC and loosing my memory but I could swear weekends have always been Saturday and Sunday but I could be wrong. Did the government pass a law to change it?

Just reading the statement again. This part is just absolutely laughable.

“From the first round proper, the competition will be played without replays. The current format, which has no replays from the fifth round onwards, has been extended throughout the ‘Competition Proper’ in light of changes to the calendar driven by the expanded UEFA competitions”.

Firstly the premier league clubs don’t even come into the third round so why mess with the first round format.

Secondly if the cartel clubs are so concerned with replays try winning the first fucking game then and don’t rest half your team. Twats

It seems a bit contradictory that the one and only reason I’ve seen for opposing scrapping replays is so smaller clubs can make more money.

Isn’t this normally the complete opposite view that most fans have? That the game is all about money these days?

I’ve not seen a single argument to keep them citing any sort of ‘football’ reason.

It seems a bit contradictory that the one and only reason I’ve seen for opposing scrapping replays is so smaller clubs can make more money.

Isn’t this normally the complete opposite view that most fans have? That the game is all about money these days?

I’ve not seen a single argument to keep them citing any sort of ‘football’ reason.
Difference being smaller clubs literally thrive and survive off money earned in this competition . The money earned from a cup run (including replays) can significantly shape the clubs future (see Crawley, Lincoln, burton, Exeter etc).

These clubs also have supporters. So those burton fans who were able to watch their team draw with Man Utd and go to old Trafford have lifetime memories. So of course it’s for football reasons too. Some of you sound like goldbridge ffs

Difference being smaller clubs literally thrive and survive off money earned in this competition . The money earned from a cup run (including replays) can significantly shape the clubs future (see Crawley, Lincoln, burton, Exeter etc).

These clubs also have supporters. So those burton fans who were able to watch their team draw with Man Utd and go to old Trafford have lifetime memories. So of course it’s for football reasons too. Some of you sound like goldbridge ffs

I’m sure a better memory would have been seeing them beat United on penalties in the first game, rather than seeing them getting an inevitable 5-0 tonking in a replay.

I’m sure a better memory would have been seeing them beat United on penalties in the first game, rather than seeing them getting an inevitable 5-0 tonking in a replay.
Completely disagree. At that period of time playing United and going to old Trafford was the pinnacle. They made more money from playing United home and away with the game also being televised. The money earned allowed them to get promoted numerous times even reaching the championship. Those memories would mean everything to those fans and the money made from the cup run helped make it happen.

Just had a google and just 3 years ago burton posted this on their website. So it’s still a very special memory all these years later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.