Favourite video

• The Badge

• The Pain & the Glory

• Everyone Goes Nuts

• FA Cup Semi Final 2011 trailer

• City’s Destiny (1999)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Everyone Goes Nuts

I remember scouring Youtube for all the reaction videos and came across this one, watched it over and over again with a tear in my eye, it's probably one of the best City videos ever made and still makes me emotional when I watch it to this day...

tu3xhUI.gif
4lwGnSf.gif

Just poured a cocktail of bleach, toilet duck and oven cleaner into my eyes. No, can still see it. Cheers

Not fans related but watching on YouTube Garth Crooks interviewing Malcolm Allison inside Maine Road probably in the 90s when we were struggling.

I remember him as Manager as a youngster. Watching the interview made me think he really got the club and said as much. Mentioned Stan the groundsman and the Junior Blues and the love of Maine Road. He was blinded by the pull of the club when returning as manager and accepted without looking into the background. His phrase ‘I had the best time of my life here’ summed it up.

Came across with such affection for the club and you can sense the real disappointment in his voice when he spoke on why it didn’t work out as manager.

This probably doesn’t say that much wonderful about me, but you could put a video of me holding my newborn son for the first time up against “Look What It’s Done To Me” and I’d still vote for “Look.”

I am in tears, without fail, every time. And right now.

And it’s not because I was there for 75 years, or in 1976, or what it meant to me as I screamed and screamed, but because of what I knew it meant to tens of thousands of people in my favo(u)rite city on the planet.

Unbridled despair followed by unbridled joy. It’s an incredible metaphor for hope. It’s THE singular metaphor for hope. It won’t be topped in sport, period, end of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.