Employment/Legal advice please.

Gaylord du Bois

I'll try to keep this short.
My lad has been working away and living in paid digs (guesthouse). 2 weeks ago there was and issue over window getting broken. Now it wasn't my lad that did it and there's cctv footage of the person who did. I've spoken to the owner and she's confirmed this with me. She's not interested in going to the police or claiming on her insurance for some reason. She's said to me so long someone pays that's enough for her.
Now comes the problem. They mut my lad was working for has given him the boot(he's self employed so no real issue there) but he's also withheld 2 weeks money to cover the cost of the window repair. After that's paid he says he'll transfer the remainder over.
The cost of the repair has been quoted at nearly £900 and the mut has text and says he's going to hand it over to her today.
Now as far as I can see this fucker can hand over as much he likes but that's fuck all to do with my lad.
I've looked up claiming money claims online on You Gov. and I'm thinking of persuing a claim through there, against the muts firm as 'money owed for work carried out' regardless of the other shite.
I hope I've explained it fairly clearly and thank you in advance for any help or advice.

You could go to the citizens advice in the first instance

If the company in question has a HR policy then that must be adhered to and findings must prove your son was to blame..,otherwise it's a case of guilty as charged without the opportunity to prove his innocence. You could raise a claim against them...however be prepared that it could be a career limiting move if that makes sense as employers don't like that type of situation and he could affect future employment should they choose not to give references etc, but at the same time he has the right if he thinks he is being made an example of when evidence clearly suggests otherwise

You could go to the citizens advice in the first instance

If the company in question has a HR policy then that must be adhered to and findings must prove your son was to blame..,otherwise it's a case of guilty as charged without the opportunity to prove his innocence. You could raise a claim against them...however be prepared that it could be a career limiting move if that makes sense as employers don't like that type of situation and he could affect future employment should they choose not to give references etc, but at the same time he has the right if he thinks he is being made an example of when evidence clearly suggests otherwise
No HR mate. It's just a smallish building firm with no particular might as it were.

Then go for it...there should be plenty of online lawyers that will give you a free consultation but if you can get in the citizens advice they should point you in the right direction...you could take them to small claims as well. Seems they are being very tight if cctv proves he is innocent

Sounds like a stitch up - the employer and landlady are in cahoots. £900 quid for a window, did someone drive a truck through it?

I'll try to keep this short.
My lad has been working away and living in paid digs (guesthouse). 2 weeks ago there was and issue over window getting broken. Now it wasn't my lad that did it and there's cctv footage of the person who did. I've spoken to the owner and she's confirmed this with me. She's not interested in going to the police or claiming on her insurance for some reason. She's said to me so long someone pays that's enough for her.
Now comes the problem. They mut my lad was working for has given him the boot(he's self employed so no real issue there) but he's also withheld 2 weeks money to cover the cost of the window repair. After that's paid he says he'll transfer the remainder over.
The cost of the repair has been quoted at nearly £900 and the mut has text and says he's going to hand it over to her today.
Now as far as I can see this fucker can hand over as much he likes but that's fuck all to do with my lad.
I've looked up claiming money claims online on You Gov. and I'm thinking of persuing a claim through there, against the muts firm as 'money owed for work carried out' regardless of the other shite.
I hope I've explained it fairly clearly and thank you in advance for any help or advice.
I don't have time to give out endless legal advice but I detest bullies [just ask my clients].

Write them a brief, clear letter, without emotion please. Tell them that you have taken basic legal advice. Reject any liability for the broken window in the absence of corroborated evidence.
The 'wages' to someone self-employed are claimable on the contractual basis. Tell them they have 14 days to pay or respond, failing which you will use the online procedure to issue a claim against whoever owes the wages [individual or company - refer to original contract/oral agreement]. Then issue if they do not comply. Small issue fee will apply.

I don't have time to give out endless legal advice but I detest bullies [just ask my clients].

Write them a brief, clear letter, without emotion please. Tell them that you have taken basic legal advice. Reject any liability for the broken window in the absence of corroborated evidence.
The 'wages' to someone self-employed are claimable on the contractual basis. Tell them they have 14 days to pay or respond, failing which you will use the online procedure to issue a claim against whoever owes the wages [individual or company - refer to original contract/oral agreement]. Then issue if they do not comply. Small issue fee will apply.

Perfect. Thank you, that's very much appreciated.
He is indeed a bully. In fact he's a 20 stone red dipper bully with a 25 stone coke habit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.