Encountering City players / staff in everyday life

FA hall of fame awards dinner probably 8 or so years ago, sat for dinner with Bert Trautmann and his wife. Absolutely in awe. Signed my place mat and made me sign his!
Met king Colin that night as well.

My old man used to be a sparky and through a friend of a friend ended up doing quite a lot of electrical work at Buzzers house. Over the duration he became friends with Mike and him and me mum got invited to a party at the house. Obviously they all had a few too many and my mum returned home that night with one of Buzzers England caps, which he had apparently given her to give to me.
The next day I was kicking a football round in the lounge with a couple of mates (as you did in those days) and the doorbell rang. A bleary-eyed Buzzer was at the door pleading for his England cap back. I think he only got about half a dozen caps, so I was happy to return it. The look on my mates faces when I opened the door to Mike Summerbee was priceless. In exchange we got treated to Tizer and cakes in the Main Stand press tea-room at the next match..

Wouldn't mind, but I was 34 at the time..

boosh...

cupcakes is all i know - must of been damn good ones as he's doing a grand job since lol
Even funnier if true. ;)

Difficult add to this thread for personal reasons.

I'll give you a recent silly one in return, though. My wife let Vinny out of the junction turning right at Kingsway lights at Gatley. She was most impressed that he thanked her. 'What a polite young man'.

My dad had a good job and knew / dealt with Tony Book and Tommy Docherty when they were managers of City and United. I answered the phone one day (i'd be about 6 years old at the time) and the voice at the other end said, is your dad there, it's Tony Book...I couldn't speak, no one believed me a school the next day!

Some of my family got to know Neil Young and his wife, had the pleasure of dropping them off at the Portland Hotel for a do, also Jason Beckford through the same family members, a really nice bloke.

In 2013 We flew over to Manchester from Dublin to see City V Newcastle, we won 4-0 that day.
On the way back to the airport we were delayed and almost missed our flight.
airport staff rushed us past the queue just ahead of David Moyes. He was not happy with us skipping him.
We were confused as to what Moyes was doing in Manchester airport but no less than a month later he was named the scum manager

Trevor Sinclair at some live Chuckle vision show a few years back when I was a kid

More recently saw Brian Kidd and Reuben Casillas randomly in for a burger When I used to work as a KP at the Grinch bar in town. Someone from bar came down into the kitchen was there were some city guy's are having a pint and a burger haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.