Enes Unal

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by WorsleyBlue, 18 Mar 2016.

1. KCblue

KCblue

I think a loan to a side in one of the bigger leagues (PL preferably) should be his next step. Then if he continues to impress get him back here for 2018

2. MC ID

MC ID

Here's hoping, there's a real quality to how he scores and I'd hope that could translate into a stronger league.

3. SPIDERBOY

SPIDERBOY

4. Kompany is King

Kompany is King

Unal is one to watch.

Two footed and scores with his head.

Be interesting to see how he develops and how the club manages it.

5. domalino

domalino

I wonder if we will have to choose between him and Kelechi at some point.

Aguero and Jesus really only leaves room for one more striker, not two.

6. AndrewMCFC

AndrewMCFC

He's looked quality at NAC and Twente. He's been showing like he could be a future star although he's only had loan experience in lower tier leagues. Would like to see him on loan somewhere in England to see how he can adapt to the demanding football of the Premier League and then look at his future at City.

7. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

I think Jesus will be able to operate from a LM position a lot of the time. Kelechi may have to adapt to being able to play on either wing if he wants to stay here. Same with Aguero possibly. I think we should keep Unal at all costs, he's special. Not similar in playing style to very many other strikers in the league.

8. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Much as I think Unal has 'something' I think it's a bit early to be predicting his future at this point. He could turn out great, or nothing, but I agree, we must keep him & I'm sure we will .

He has a goalscorer's mentality & is different to pretty much anything else we have. He would give us a kind of Plan B, because he is actively seeking headers, constantly, even if no cross comes in. It's a different threat for the defenders, than our usual. Switching to a front two of him & Baby Jesus, for example, suddenly opens up the oppo to crosses or diagonals & is effectively like playing a different team.

The work permit thing is a ball ache. Ideally, we could look at him pre season, have him at the club til Christmas, then loan him out, like we have with Maffeo etc. Then he gets both coaching at City & regular games for half a season. But I don't think we can due to the work permit thing. If we got one, we would have to use him in the squad full stop I think.

Edit: there is a lot more to Kelechi than people have so far seen btw.

9. MC ID

MC ID

He certainly is different to our other strikers and that provides him with the opportunity to carve out a niche. As much as Dzeko was maligned during his time here he scored some very important goals for us in a way our other strikers simply couldn't.

10. grim up north

grim up north

Know a lad who,s played with him at youth level for Turkey says he is the best natural finisher he has ever seen