England Squad

BigOscar said:
Jamie Vardy. Seriously? Who's his agent?

In all fairness Vardy has been one of the most consistent forwards this season.Much better than Rooney or most on that list.Good luck to the lad.Well deserved based on consistency this season.Don`t forget others will have been omitted from this squad due to the Under 21 Tournament.

oakiecokie said:
BigOscar said:

In all fairness Vardy has been one of the most consistent forwards this season.Much better than Rooney or most on that list.Good luck to the lad.Well deserved based on consistency this season.Don`t forget others will have been omitted from this squad due to the Under 21 Tournament.
He's a 28 year old forward who scored 4 goals this season. It's a baffling choice to me, it's one of those classic Kevin Davies, Jay Bothroyd picks of just random average players who clearly have no long term future to the team.

BigOscar said:

Key Sports Management, He actually must be Hodgsons first new call up in a while that hasn't got that dodgy Leon **** as his agent.

Good on him, he's played well this season. I'd rather pick people on form rather than reputation. Players like Rooney, Wellshite haven't performed for a long time but they'll walk straight in.

Vardy has a lot to his game, he has a bit of skill, he never stops running. I think him and Austin's running can cause problems.

We've had average players play before like Heskey, Powell, Mills, Crouch and Vassell but they surprisingly played really well at international level and put in a good shift

Crouchinho said:
Good on him, he's played well this season. I'd rather pick people on form rather than reputation. Players like Rooney, Wellshite haven't performed for a long time but they'll walk straight in.

Vardy has a lot to his game, he has a bit of skill, he never stops running. I think him and Austin's running can cause problems.

We've had average players play before like Heskey, Powell, Mills, Crouch and Vassell but they surprisingly played really well at international level and put in a good shift

Crouch especially, his record for you lot at international level was phenomonal. I think sometimes it pays to have players in the squad who feel blessed/lucky to be there instead of the entitled brigade.

Kane, Berahino and Ings will be with the U21s. Sturridge is injured, Crocuh is shit and Sergio isn't English. Doesn't leave a lot of choice although I would prefer to play Walcott up front rather than Vardy.

More worringly is that Jones and Smalling are in the squad. How come no Ashley Daley or Tom not so clever or all those other great English talents the shite have

aguero93:20 said:
Crouchinho said:

Crouch especially, his record for you lot at international level was phenomonal. I think sometimes it pays to have players in the squad who feel blessed/lucky to be there instead of the entitled brigade.

I think the same is true of Andros Townsend. A lot of people complain that he keeps getting called up, but he's played well pretty much every time he's played for England. It's not just that he's scored some good goals, but he's been a real threat whenever he's been on the pitch. Yet much better Premier Leaugue performers don't seem to make much impact at all for England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.