England Thread 13/14

supercrystal7 said:
sam-caddick said:
After watching the past few under-21 games I really want to see Ward-Prowse, Shaw, Morrison, Barkley, Ince, Hughes, Lingard and Berahino all getting a proper look in for the senior national side with the hope of them all playing in Euro16.

Time to bring in the next generation and take the risk!!
Throwing in a bunch of kids with no experience can get very messy. I've never believed in the 'if they are good enough they will make it line'. Too many young players get destroyed by pressure/overplaying. A young team being thumped 5-0 in the world cup by the likes of Holland/Germany and then losing to say Greece would not be great for their development. I would take a healthy blend of youth this tournament. Barkley, Jones, Smalling, Butland and possibly Berahino. After the world cup is when I will focus on rebuilding for the Euro's.

I should have included that because that is when I would start including the youngsters I have mentioned!!

Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Johnson etc.. will not be going to France so as soon as the World Cup is finished lets finally do a proper overhaul and then rebuild from there!

It won't go down well on here but I want Gary Neville as the manager after Brazil!

sam-caddick said:
supercrystal7 said:
sam-caddick said:
After watching the past few under-21 games I really want to see Ward-Prowse, Shaw, Morrison, Barkley, Ince, Hughes, Lingard and Berahino all getting a proper look in for the senior national side with the hope of them all playing in Euro16.

Throwing in a bunch of kids with no experience can get very messy. I've never believed in the 'if they are good enough they will make it line'. Too many young players get destroyed by pressure/overplaying. A young team being thumped 5-0 in the world cup by the likes of Holland/Germany and then losing to say Greece would not be great for their development. I would take a healthy blend of youth this tournament. Barkley, Jones, Smalling, Butland and possibly Berahino. After the world cup is when I will focus on rebuilding for the Euro's.

I should have included that because that is when I would start including the youngsters I have mentioned!!

Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Johnson etc.. will not be going to France so as soon as the World Cup is finished lets finally do a proper overhaul and then rebuild from there!

It won't go down well on here but I want Gary Neville as the manager after Brazil!
Okay I completely agree.

The thing is being a manager is a LOT more than just knowing football and the right players. Tactically I think Gary Neville would be great, but can he manage players? It could be a bit of a gamble on that front, but why not.

sam-caddick said:

Who does berahino play for?

sam-caddick said:
supercrystal7 said:
sam-caddick said:

I too want the old lot just gone after the world cup, we need to commit to the new generation of footballers and let them grow together as a unit rather than our current over reliance on players who've proven not to be worth it.

With Neville I'd actually not mind that.

Too give me hope of us winning another penalty shoot out in my life time I was watching highlights of Euro 96. It's one of the few tournaments I have never bothered to ever rewatch. Was watching the highlights of the game against Spain and we got some ridiculous refereeing decisions. I was only a kid when I saw the match, but playing at home really does have it's benefits
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGn_ljpRpgI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGn_ljpRpgI</a>
That said we created a lot of chances.

Sparkys-Army said:
sam-caddick said:

Who does berahino play for?

West Brom

Starting 11 after 12 games -

Forster
Johnson-Cahill-Jagielka-Gibbs
Gerrard-Wilshere
WardProwse-Rooney-Rodriguez
Sturridge

back up 11 -

Ruddy
Clyne-Dawson-Williamson-Shaw
Henderson-Lampard
Lennon-Lallana-Townsend
Lambert

and Heaton as 3rd choice keeper...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.