England U-21 squad (provisional) for Euros (3 City players)

the thing is, i can understand the frustration with the likes of richards and wilshere, but other countries take these sort of tournaments seriously, and for me it breeds a winning, where as we only focus on the seniors, and then wonder why our national team is fuking shite

dref619 said:
the thing is, i can understand the frustration with the likes of richards and wilshere, but other countries take these sort of tournaments seriously, and for me it breeds a winning, where as we only focus on the seniors, and then wonder why our national team is fuking shite

The interview with stuart pearce on SSN news before was spot on in explaining and backing this theory up. We need to bring players through the levels together and create a team. We look at clubs who constantly change players and see that it doesn't work and clubs that have a settled squad with the odd player added here and there does work. Why can people not see this is the case at international level too

Sleeping_Easy said:
dref619 said:

The interview with stuart pearce on SSN news before was spot on in explaining and backing this theory up. We need to bring players through the levels together and create a team. We look at clubs who constantly change players and see that it doesn't work and clubs that have a settled squad with the odd player added here and there does work. Why can people not see this is the case at international level too
Two flaws with that, these U21 wont all move to the first team....only few of them will take the step up to the first team

And England is not other countries as we play more football here, and the game is more physically demanding here, hence why England always look of the pace every big competition.

LoveCity said:
Mee
Trippier
Richards

But its a 40-man squad so the first two may have less of a chance of making it, especially given the strength of the squad. Mee has been playing a fair bit lately though. One hell of a squad, I think they have a chance of going all the way if Pearce doesn't fook up.

GOALKEEPERS
Frankie Fielding (Blackburn Rovers), Scott Loach (Watford), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough), Alex McCarthy (Reading)

DEFENDERS
Joe Bennett (Middlesbrough), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jones (Blackburn Rovers), Michael Mancienne (Wolverhampton Wanderers - loan from Chelsea), Ben Mee (Leicester City - loan from Manchester City), Kyle Naughton (Leicester City - loan from Tottenham), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), James Tomkins (West Ham United), Kieran Trippier (Barnsley - loan from Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Aston Villa - loan from Tottenham Hotspur)

MIDFIELDERS
Marc Albrighton (Aston Villa), Jack Cork (Burnley - loan from Chelsea), Tom Cleverley (Wigan Athletic - loan from Man Utd), Mark Davies (Bolton Wanderers), Adam Hammill (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Jordan Henderson (Sunderland), Jonathan Howson (Leeds United), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Henri Lansbury (Norwich City - loan from Arsenal), Josh McEachran (Chelsea), Fabrice Muamba (Bolton Wanderers), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Scott Sinclair (Swansea City), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

FORWARDS
Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Nathan Delfouneso (Burnley - loan from Aston Villa), Gary Hooper (Celtic), Jay Rodriguez (Burnley), Freddie Sears (West Ham United), Daniel Sturridge (Bolton Wanderers - loan from Chelsea), James Vaughan (Crystal Palace - loan from Everton), Danny Welbeck (Sunderland - loan from Man Utd), Connor Wickham (Ipswich Town)

the team should be:

--------Alex Mcarthy---------
Richards- Smalling- Jones- Gibbs
Albrighton-Wilshere-Rodwell-Henderson
-------Carrol------Sturridge------

Bench: welbeck, loach, rose, cleverly, walker, Tomkins

Sloppyjoshua said:
the team should be:

Albrighton-Wilshere-Rodwell-Henderson
-------Carrol------Sturridge------

Bench: welbeck, loach, rose, cleverly, walker, Tomkins
Nice one. Mine would be, with a slightly different system:

Henderson--Wilshere---Cleverley
Albrighton--Sturridge--Welbeck

Similar bench to you; Rodwell and Carroll on there. Only reason I wouldn't start Carroll is because I don't like him.<br /><br />-- Wed May 04, 2011 3:59 pm --<br /><br />How good is that defence, by the way? Gibbs aside, they're all great physically.

------Rodwell--Wilshere-------
Albrighton--McEachran--Sturridge
-----------Carroll--------------

That team should piss it.

WNRH said:

McEachran starting? Have you ever seen him play?

Pretty much agree on the rest though - decent balance there. Not too keen on Rodwell though, he's not even an automatic starter at Everton.

McEachran is gonna be some player, be surprised if he ends up starting though as hes only just been put into the team.

Viva Rivaldo said:
WNRH said:

McEachran starting? Have you ever seen him play?

Pretty much agree on the rest though - decent balance there. Not too keen on Rodwell though, he's not even an automatic starter at Everton.

Yeah a dozen times, a lovely player, he is Wilshere without the aggression.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.