England v Belgium | Friendly | Match Thread

I think you are viewing arrogance in this context as both bad and uncommon, when in reality most footballers that make it to the highest echelons of football, as Rodri has, are arrogant, because they have to be to get there and stay there.

But, as I said, Rodri has other brilliant qualities that allow him to channel the arrogance for comprehensively positive impact.

When players start losing those balancing qualities, as Bellingham seems to be, is when issue begin to arise.

Arrogance doesn’t necessarily make someone selfish or problematic.
Trust me mate.
I know the fine line between arrogance and greatness with humility.

Rodders is the epitome of a humble great player.
Bellingham crosses the line.
And for me will only get worse.

Future rag player all over him.

Never would say he's shit.
He's clearly not.

I think you are viewing arrogance in this context as both bad and uncommon, when in reality most footballers that make it to the highest echelons of football, as Rodri has, are arrogant, because they have to be to get there and stay there.

But, as I said, Rodri has other brilliant qualities that allow him to channel the arrogance for comprehensively positive impact.

When players start losing those balancing qualities, as Bellingham seems to be, is when issue begin to arise.

Why do you have to be arrogant to make it and stay there.

Reactions: MMA

I think he’s an extremely pleasant and incredibly humble person, he is nowhere near being arrogant

Sorry mate but that's just waffle. When he starts turning up to training half-cut, or getting into scraps on night outs, we can begin to talk about self-destructive paths.

Does he come across as an arrogant prick? Absolutely. Some of the greatest players ever were self-conceited, it's not new territory.

Agree, all he is doing for me is trying to make things happen and just needs to appreciate that there are other talented players in the team he can pass the ball to (as long as it goes forwards that is). Too many touches and holding the ball for too long isn't arrogance, it's merely a reflection of the fact he is trying to inspire something in the team and doesn't have full faith in those around him.

When you watch the ball get passed sideways across the back 4 for 10mins it's not a surprise. He was better in the 2nd half when Phil started to get on the ball a bit more.

If Bellingham can understand the benefit in passing to Phil early, he will reap the rewards.

That was a decent match and I thought we were exciting going forwards. Much better than previous games.

The link up between Mainoo, Bellingham and Foden was excellent. Add Kane and Saka to the mix, get our defenders back and we’re serious contenders for the Euros.

Not in the first half. Didn't bother with the second half, but I saw the stats and it did seem a lot better in that regard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.