England v Brazil | Friendly | Match Thread

First defeat at Wembley in 21 games , to Brazil in a friendly. Kane, Saka etc not even play but err… still the shock , horror of it all !

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
FA MUST GO
SOUTHGATE MUST GO
ALL THE MAN U PLAYERS MUST GO
I AM OUTRAGED.

Better ?
Hehe! You do love a good tubthump. Fair play to ya!
I don't think you follow England for the football. I think you follow them for the flag-shagging.
It's ok to criticise the England set up, and STILL give St George a good seeing to, y'know.

First defeat at Wembley in 21 games , to Brazil in a friendly. Kane, Saka etc not even play but err… still the shock , horror of it all !

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
FA MUST GO
SOUTHGATE MUST GO
ALL THE MAN U PLAYERS MUST GO
I AM OUTRAGED.

Better ?
I do feel a tad better, yes.

I said somewhere else on the forum he's perfect for the fa, they love him. He's a pr man not a football manager. He will never, ever do or say anything controversial. He will dress smartly, be polite, gracious in defeat ( Plenty of practice ) and be politically correct. He's a fucking bland nothing. A hologram. He's Mr Smith, who works as a civil servant in an office for forty years and nobody knows anything about him. Worse nobody fucking cares.

As you said he waffles the usual tripe which means absolutely zero. He should be a fucking politician. One thing he shouldn't be is a football manager and certainly not one in charge of the national side.
He’s perfect for them because nobody expects England to win anything while he’s manager, with the obvious exception of @BlueHammer85.

So the pressure’s off, the whole info the FA is on easy street and they can go to tournaments knowing that there’s little to no downside for them. And as you say Southgate is never going to do anything remotely controversial, so that’s another thing they don’t have to worry about.

All Southgate has to do is beat some really shit teams to qualify - teams that are essentially League One or Championship standard - and the quality of the players available pretty much guarantees that.

I said somewhere else on the forum he's perfect for the fa, they love him. He's a pr man not a football manager. He will never, ever do or say anything controversial. He will dress smartly, be polite, gracious in defeat ( Plenty of practice ) and be politically correct. He's a fucking bland nothing. A hologram. He's Mr Smith, who works as a civil servant in an office for forty years and nobody knows anything about him. Worse nobody fucking cares.

As you said he waffles the usual tripe which means absolutely zero. He should be a fucking politician. One thing he shouldn't be is a football manager and certainly not one in charge of the national side.
Perfect for the rags then :)

The problem Southgate has is that he has been the manager too long now and developed relationships with certain players in so far that he hasn't got the ruthlessness to drop them. It's all jobs for your mates etc..

He was a nothing manager before England and a lot of these players have helped him maintain a job in which he should not have been given.

A manager with better credentials and bigger backbone would have binned off half the squad year ago.
The fact Klopp said in a recent interview when he said no Gomez is the England squad and sort of laughed in disbelief as he said it and a day or 2 later, Gomez is in the squad after 4 years out shows the Waistcoat is a yes man and panders to others.
With Kane out, tonight he could have tried something different with Phil ie play in the middle with Bellingham but nope, shoe horned him onto the right again

He should be using friendlies to give real talent a try……fucking Chillwell, Slabhead and Gallagher…fuck me absolute shite. Mentality of the manager completely wrong imo.

England will win nothing despite the talent at their disposal…sad really.

Edit:

Southgate is just someone who used to play football, did his coaching badges and some fucking lunatic thought he’d be good actually managing a team…utter madness.

Last edited:
To be fair to Southagate he won't be the last England manager not to get the very best out of the players at his disposal

He should be using friendlies to give real talent a try……fucking Chillwell, Slabhead and Gallagher…fuck me absolute shite. Mentality of the manager completely wrong imo.

England will win nothing despite the talent at their disposal…sad really.

The worry is that because these two friendlies against Brazil and Belgium are so close to the tournament and against decent opposition, what we got tonight was pretty much what we are going to get in the tournament in regards to finished XI.

Bar Kane and Saka that was Southgates XI for Euro 2024 in my opinion.

Rice, Gallagher, Bellingham midfield.

The big concern is Foden starting in Saka's position. That tells me he isn't going to start for England and will be battling it our with Gordon, Rashford and Grealish for a position on the left wing.

He’s perfect for them because nobody expects England to win anything while he’s manager, with the obvious exception of @BlueHammer85.

I don’t expect us to win anything, I WANT us to win something. That’s the difference. Regardless of who’s manager - because whoever is next will get the EXACT same treatment as Southgate, tactical geniuses on social media and forums telling whoever it is what formation he should have played, what tactics, which players etc - same old cliches ‘just a fa yes man’ ‘clearly well out of his depth’

A manger might get a respite if he wins an actual trophy but even then I don’t think it will be enough for some. social media outrage nowadays and everyone over analysing has completely taken the fun out of supporting ya nation. Aswell as most preferring us to lose anyway. Oh well.

The worry is that because these two friendlies against Brazil and Belgium are so close to the tournament and against decent opposition, what we got tonight was pretty much what we are going to get in the tournament in regards to finished XI.

Bar Kane and Saka that was Southgates XI for Euro 2024 in my opinion.

Rice, Gallagher, Bellingham midfield.

The big concern is Foden starting in Saka's position. That tells me he isn't going to start for England and will be battling it our with Gordon, Rashford and Grealish for a position on the left wing.
Sadly I think you’re right. Hopefully when England are out this **** loses his job…I won’t hold my breath though because those old and out of touch cunts at the FA actually rate him…madness

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.