England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCFC1993

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 18.57.36.png

Live on ITV 1. Coverage starts at 18:05 (GMT). Presented by Mark Pougatch. Punditry from Roy Keane, Gary Neville and Ian Wright. Commentary from Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon. Pitch-side is Laura Woods, Karen Carney and Gabriel Clarke.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 18.57.15.png

Live on ITV 1. Coverage starts at 18:05 (GMT). Presented by Mark Pougatch. Punditry from Roy Keane, Gary Neville and Ian Wright. Commentary from Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon. Pitch-side is Laura Woods, Karen Carney and Gabriel Clarke.

View attachment 61689

England
England’s opening win was as impressive as we’ve seen from any team so far in this tournament. I know it was only Iran but they’re ranked top 20 in the world and many were predicting a dull game beforehand. Bellingham in the middle of the park made a huge difference and the Front 3 played really well together. Based on that opening match, I think only Mason Mount’s spot in the XI is up for grabs. We do have to bear in mind that this game is only 4 days after the last, if it were a club game we would expect rotation. A win here would pretty much see England through to the knockouts.

Starting XI v Iran:
View attachment 61690

Stats so far:
Goals​
Assists​
Yellow Cards​
Red Cards​
Conceded​
Bukayo Saka​
2​
Jude Bellingham​
1​
Raheem Sterling​
1​
1​
Marcus Rashford​
1​
Jack Grealish​
1​
Harry Kane​
2​
Luke Shaw​
1​
Harry Maguire​
1​
Callum Wilson​
1​
Jordan Pickford​
2​

USA
Their match versus Wales was a game of 2 halves. They started really well, they were fast and aggressive and gave Wales next to no time on the ball but from the moment Weah scored they just sat back. In the 2nd half they were so negative and defensive and in the end they made a shocking mistake which gifted Wales a penalty. All that said, at least they still got a point and didn’t fall apart completely. I think they’ll come into this and try to take a draw from the outset. If I were them I wouldn’t start Josh Sargent, I think he’s terrible.

Starting XI v Wales:
View attachment 61691

Stats so far:
Goals​
Assists​
Yellow Cards​
Red Cards​
Conceded​
Timothy Weah​
1​
Christian Pulisic​
1​
Sergino Dest​
1​
Weston McKennie​
1​
Tim Ream​
1​
Kellyn Acosta​
1​
Matt Turner​
1​
Don't remember Pulisic scoring. It was just Weah wasn't it?

happy4th-of-july-independence-day.gif

Having failed to beat Wales, USA is in big trouble.

England is likely to beat USA on Friday, ensuring their passage into the knockout stage. Should this transpire, England will almost certainly field a lessor side when they play Wales - advantage Wales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.