England?

nicholasjackson said:
actually gonna support holland in euros (supported argentina in wc2010)
might sound petty but but i was 14 so i fucked england off when they made a fool out of keith curle at euro 92

Echoed my sentiments here, stopped supporting England when I was 12 and backed Holland at every opportunity since. I'd rather none of our players got selected for international duty, those injurys are a bastard. And the England national team is a farce.

Christ!! i'm going to sound like a hard line nationalist by saying that i like England! Has it gotten so bad that Englishmen would rather support another country than England?? It didn't even get that bad in Mike Bassett!

No interest in England whatsoever.

A team picked on reputations and marketing possibilities instead of actually trying to win anything.

Rotten to the core but what else can you expect from a team ran by the FA?

Always followed England,use to be bitter as fuck years ago when we had no players in the side,but we've got a few in there now,come on England surprise the doubter's all the best Charlie,joels,gazbaz,and jimmy Milner.

When i was a kid i loved watching England and was really passionate about it. Now, probably due to the fact that we have domestic success with City, and the main factor that players are picked on "merit" rather than performance has turned my interest's elsewhere. Do i want England to win it, yes. Will i watch every game, yes if im at home - but the thought of some players being there simply for who they are, and not what they offer to the team is just wrong. City over England every day of the week.

Slightly more interested now that we have an English, and unblooded, manager. I could never understand how someone like Sven could manage England against his own nation. Er, conflict of interest...

But generally, I feel about England like I felt about Chelsea last night. Alternating disinterested or mild interest.

Last World Cup I was really torn. I wanted us to win so the fans could toot their car horns Argie style, but the thought of having to say Sir Wayne, Sir Rio and Sir Ashley for the rest of my life would have been unbearable.

from 1995 to 2000 I followed England around Europe going to a hell of a lot of games, nowadays I couldn't care less about them TBH, Capello ruined it for me it was like watching paint dry. While I'm at it getting clueless to manage the U 21's has pretty much guaranteed that we will stay technically poor in future years, he plays route one so all the good work done by Wenger with Wiltshire is just cancelled out by clueless's terrible outlook on the game. When you look at the twenty best players England may have 1 or 2 in there which is bobbins for a nation like us.

Love the internationals, it's the only time me and my son get to share football without any conflict, he's a United fan, it always ends up we mess it up on the pitch and the press are a disgrace towards our players usually just before the start of the tournament some player(s) will be pictured with a hooker or something mark my words.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.