England's problem

Over hyped players who are medioca with uninspiring manager and lack of tactical nonce.

jazzy said:
Over hyped players who are medioca with uninspiring manager and lack of tactical nonce.

Fully agree with Jazzy. Until the media acknowledge were shite, the players and FA Infratsruture will continue to believe their own rhetoric.

Now, that's off my chest.......... lets have a clean out of all English deadwood from the current squad and start to build from the bottom with youth, clarity of purpose and more than anything else, a desire to play and win for your country rather than play for the kudos of being an "international" standard footballer

This is still relevant. Oh so quotable. Some naughty language, mind.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLKoe9YBdj4[/video]

At least I think it's funny. Cannot fathom why it has such low view counts.

jazzy said:

Agreed, but the last thing we need in the dressing room is a tactical nonce - he'd be all over Luke Shaw.

jazzy said:

Saville or Harris? but I agree with the rest of your post.

1976–1980 Halmstads BK
1980–1982 Bristol City (assistant manager)
1982 Bristol City
1982 IK Oddevold
1983–1984 Örebro SK
1985–1989 Malmö FF
1990–1992 Neuchâtel Xamax
1992–1995 Switzerland
1995–1997 Inter Milan
1997–1998 Blackburn Rovers
1999 Inter Milan (caretaker)
1999–2000 Grasshoppers
2000–2001 F.C. Copenhagen
2001 Udinese
2002–2004 United Arab Emirates
2004–2005 Viking
2006–2007 Finland
2007–2010 Fulham
2010–2011 Liverpool
2011–2012 West Bromwich Albion
2012– England

Tells you everything you need to know really, the guy is a fraud.

Clevers said:
hertsblue said:
Football Association chairman Greg Dyke believes Prince Harry could have inspired England to better results if he had attended games against Italy and Uruguay, as well as the final fixture against Costa Rica. Independent

Yep, that's the man in charge at the FA and who set up a commission with Howard Wilkinson, Danny Mills and the likes on

I think Dyke opened the debate as follows -

“This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-story crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants.”

Howard Wilkinson was 40 years behind world football 40 years ago and Danny Mills well enough said.

Crisis? What crisis?
(Sorry, couldn't resist... anyway the younger lads wouldn't understand the joke probably)

England is lacking Blind Faith and a little bit of luck.

Blind Faith: In Jurgen We Trust

From my American perspective what team England is lacking is a broad base of fans who know little about football, but overcome that with patriotic bold, loud chants such as U-S-A (repeat), and the new "I Believe, I Believe That We Will Win". The blind faith is thus transferred to the players giving them the confidence and energy to overcome their technical limitations and become seemingly unbeatable. Jurgen somehow got us out of our group of death, with players no one thought he could do it with. He must be a demi-god, because we should be crap.

A little bit of luck: Fine Margins
England were not outclassed by Italy and Uruguay, just unable to score, or hold on to a draw. One shot, or ball that hit the post, or injured Theo Walcott the difference between failure and success. Can England get to the semis, or even the final? I don't think it is impossible, it would take some luck for sure, but if the US can go as far as we did with our squad, it can't be that insurmountable. 10 behind the ball and a 1 counter attack almost got is to the last 8. It also seems both countries are just one game changing athlete away from glory. Too bad for you Gareth Bale is Welsh...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.