English clubs as European champions

We also led the cup winners cup before it was disbamded and if not for seville would have the highest number of Uefa cup winners

European Cup/Champions League
England 6 - United Liverpool Forest Villa Chelsea City (winners on 15 occasions)
Italy 3 - Milan Inter Juve (12)
Germany 3 - Bayern Hamburg Dortmund (8)
Netherlands 3 - Ajax Feyenoord PSV (6)
Spain 2 - Madrid Barça (19)

Cup Winners’ Cup
England 7 - Spurs WestHam City Chelsea Everton United Arsenal (8)
Italy 6 - Fiorentina Milan Juve Sampdoria Parma Lazio (7)
Germany 5 - Dortmund Bayern Magdeburg Hamburg Bremen (5)
Spain 4 - Atlético Barça Valencia Zaragoza (7)

UEFA Cup/Europa League
England 5 - Spurs Liverpool Ipswich Chelsea United (9)
Germany 5 - Mönchengladbach Frankfurt Leverkusen Bayern Shalke (7)
Spain 5 - Madrid Valencia Sevilla Atlético Villarreal (14)
Italy 4 - Juve Napoli Inter Parma (9)
Netherlands 3 - Feyenoord PSV Ajax (4)

Europa Conference
England - WestHam
Italy - Roma

Super Cup
England 5 - Liverpool Villa United Chelsea City (10)
Spain 5 - Valencia Barça Madrid Sevilla Atlético (16)
Italy 4 - Juve Milan Parma Lazio (9)
Belgium 2 - Anderlecht Mechelen (3)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is harder to win the Carabao cup now than when they won the old European Cup…
Not sure I'd agree with that, to be honest. Back in those days, you had to be the Champions in your own country to qualify for the following season's competition. None of this top 4 (soon to be top 5?) nonsense.

Of course, if you do win your domestic league, and then go on to win the big one, there is credit to be had there!

Not sure I'd agree with that, to be honest. Back in those days, you had to be the Champions in your own country to qualify for the following season's competition. None of this top 4 (soon to be top 5?) nonsense.

Of course, if you do win your domestic league, and then go on to win the big one, there is credit to be had there!

Probably true. But it doesn’t half wind up Villa and Forest fans when they used to go on about us not winning the CL.

Number of different winners of their own leagues…

England - 24
Italy - 16
Spain - 9

Netherlands - 29
Germany - 28
… but these two have had very different looking league structures, at times were regional (and Germany was two different countries for 40 years).

Probably true. But it doesn’t half wind up Villa and Forest fans when they used to go on about us not winning the CL.
I hear you, I really do. I had the "pleasure" of encountering Villa fans at Wembley. "Champions of Europe, you'll never....blah blah blah". Lovely people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.