Enough is Enough!!!

Mike D said:
zabadabadoo1985 said:
I think the title of my article may make ppl think I am talking about Mark Hughes or Robinho or the team in general but in fact its about us die hard blues!

With every game I see I come on here to read what I would call some absolute garbage in victory and in defeat. I know by definition these boards are not meant to be impartial but some of things I read aren't even worthy of being put in the Sun!!

The fact of the matter is that this season was always going to be one of planning and assessment on the part of Mark Hughes and his staff. As many of us know there are up to 16 players that aren't good enough to be in a squad that is being built to challenge the Premier League elite. They are mostly players bought by Stuart Pearce who in fairness was given no cash and Sven who whacked a squad together in barely 3 weeks.

Mark Hughes then came in only to find that the club was on the verge of administration! By the time we were bailed out it was too late and he had to put up with a largely poor squad with a sprinkling of his gold dust buys - aka Kompany/Zabaleta/SWP.

Fast forward to January and the whole Kaka saga and another sprinkling of gold dust buys - Given/De Jong/Bellamy/Bridge.

We are now where we r with our season coming to a close and I for one am delighted that the end is nigh and the real work can begin. This is not football manager - you can't just get rid of 16 players just like that. It takes at least a summer to ship them all out or let their contracts run down.

Yes Mark Hughes has made mistakes but so has every great coach in the world from Bacon Face to the Whinger and please note the greats in the Premier League aka Bacon Face/Rafa/Moyes/Wenger/O Neill all started slowly. Moyes almost went down twice in his first three seasons and O Neill went 14 games without winning.

Moreover how many managers are we going to get shot of before we realise continuity is the key. I accept that if Mark Hughes gets his squad and I mean his squad not a starting 11, one that can cope with losing our best left sided player and one that can mean that Hughes can play his preferred 4-4-2 and it still aint working then fine we must accept it isnt working.

A final footnote - us Blues are notorious for are self-depreciation. Where has that gone? As noted above we were very close to going out of business before the Sheikhs turn up! Anyone who thort this season was gonna be the season where we tore up trees is naive especially with the headless chicken Gelson, the prima donnas Elano, Richards et al!!!

I appreciate this will not be to every one's agreement especially after yesterday's debacle but I am not one who write's what he thinks after every game. This is considered argument that I think once the humiliation of yesterday washes away as it will and always does there will be some mutual agreement in these thoughts!

CITD!

ode to be the rallying cry of the pro Hughes poster a post with more hot air than my arse the night after a extra hot vindaloo. Then the blame game of ex managers who've contributed towards our downfall. The owners for having too much money and lets not forget the fans for expecting success when failure is not a virtue its a state of mind. But all in all for ever it may be don't blame the manager he's just trying to do his job.

CTID

He is entitled to his opinion. By the way you are really going to be pissed when Hughes is still here next season.

bluepeter62 said:
He is entitled to his opinion. By the way you are really going to be pissed when Hughes is still here next season.

He is perfectly entitled to his opinion of course, but then others are perfectly entitled to pick it apart bit by bit!

zabadabadoo1985 said:
I think the title of my article may make ppl think I am talking about Mark Hughes or Robinho or the team in general but in fact its about us die hard blues!

With every game I see I come on here to read what I would call some absolute garbage in victory and in defeat. I know by definition these boards are not meant to be impartial but some of things I read aren't even worthy of being put in the Sun!!

The fact of the matter is that this season was always going to be one of planning and assessment on the part of Mark Hughes and his staff. As many of us know there are up to 16 players that aren't good enough to be in a squad that is being built to challenge the Premier League elite. They are mostly players bought by Stuart Pearce who in fairness was given no cash and Sven who whacked a squad together in barely 3 weeks.

Mark Hughes then came in only to find that the club was on the verge of administration! By the time we were bailed out it was too late and he had to put up with a largely poor squad with a sprinkling of his gold dust buys - aka Kompany/Zabaleta/SWP.

Fast forward to January and the whole Kaka saga and another sprinkling of gold dust buys - Given/De Jong/Bellamy/Bridge.

We are now where we r with our season coming to a close and I for one am delighted that the end is nigh and the real work can begin. This is not football manager - you can't just get rid of 16 players just like that. It takes at least a summer to ship them all out or let their contracts run down.

Yes Mark Hughes has made mistakes but so has every great coach in the world from Bacon Face to the Whinger and please note the greats in the Premier League aka Bacon Face/Rafa/Moyes/Wenger/O Neill all started slowly. Moyes almost went down twice in his first three seasons and O Neill went 14 games without winning.

Moreover how many managers are we going to get shot of before we realise continuity is the key. I accept that if Mark Hughes gets his squad and I mean his squad not a starting 11, one that can cope with losing our best left sided player and one that can mean that Hughes can play his preferred 4-4-2 and it still aint working then fine we must accept it isnt working.

A final footnote - us Blues are notorious for are self-depreciation. Where has that gone? As noted above we were very close to going out of business before the Sheikhs turn up! Anyone who thort this season was gonna be the season where we tore up trees is naive especially with the headless chicken Gelson, the prima donnas Elano, Richards et al!!!

I appreciate this will not be to every one's agreement especially after yesterday's debacle but I am not one who write's what he thinks after every game. This is considered argument that I think once the humiliation of yesterday washes away as it will and always does there will be some mutual agreement in these thoughts!

CITD!

You make some good points and I really want to agree with you overall but quite frankly I'm struggling. Hughes keeps using Gelson so whose fault is that? You're correct about the real work starting in the summer but that might (probably will) be too late for Hughes.

Sort of related question: Say we reach the final and come runners up but the winners are already qualified would we get the place in next years Europa cup? IF that happend and we finished with better performaces in 8th or 9th would this be enough to give hughes another season (Grasping at straws!!!!!)

The real problem lies with having so much money we dont know how to spend it correctly in a market where players do not want to join the club .The KEY mistake lies with the GROUP who took on Mark Hughes ...on the surface it all looked right ..but we all know it has not worked out. It will be shown to be the most costly mistake in football with £150 million + players MOST of WHOM will need to be moved in the future with yet another failed manager. I hope this does not happen ..but emotions should be boxed ..and just base all the failures on the FACTS .

zabadabadoo1985 said:

So that's seven players plus a few "gold dust" ones we already had. Fuck me, we must have some team now, if only we had a manager who was any fucking good.
That largely poor squad he inherited finished last season with 55 points and an even poorer squad finished the season before with 42

Cheesy said:
bluepeter62 said:

He is perfectly entitled to his opinion of course, but then others are perfectly entitled to pick it apart bit by bit!

Exacly if your gonna come on here blowing smoke outa ya arse don't expect everyone to be waxing the dolphin over what you've written

bluepeter62 said:
Mike D said:
zabadabadoo1985 said:

CITD!

ode to be the rallying cry of the pro Hughes poster a post with more hot air than my arse the night after a extra hot vindaloo. Then the blame game of ex managers who've contributed towards our downfall. The owners for having too much money and lets not forget the fans for expecting success when failure is not a virtue its a state of mind. But all in all for ever it may be don't blame the manager he's just trying to do his job.

CTID

If you so deluded to imagine that ADUG are in the position of rewarding failure then fine pass me somert of that ya smoking and lets all have some

Very honourable but absolute bollocks.

1 place and 1 point above Bolton
2 places and 2 points above Stoke

Behind Wigan, Fulham, West Ham, Everton, Villa and a Spurs team that gave us an 8 game start. It's been an appalling season and it would worry me if he got another season.

Clutch & Straws!

£100- million plus
best squad we have had for years
£32 million pound player

& we sit 2 pts above Stoke & we COULD still get involved in the relegation scrap!
The end of the season will be like DEJAVU, go out on Thursday, we may beat WBrom but we will probably loose the rest.

13th place finish = DIRE.

MR H U G H E S ........... YOUR TIME IS UP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.