Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dortmund brief the media that "they have to sell" then Haaland's value immediately goes down. I am pretty sure Dortmund are in a very bad financial situation regardless of top 4. He has already declined a new contract, so it's clear it's this season for 120 mil or next season for 75 mil. Dortmund are smart at doing business and it seems they already have Moukoko as Haaland's successor in mind. They will sell if they get the price they want.
Or they could buy back Isak

I'm more optimistic about him signing than not.

That being said, if he does stay put til next season then the difference in price to the buyer between this summer and next is likely to be 40-50m. What concerns me is the likes of rags/real/barca using that saving to offer even bigger wages than they usually do.

If he's staying put this year I'd offer them the buy out clause now and try to secure a deal before the market picks up next year and other clubs have had a chance to recover financially.

I'm more optimistic about him signing than not.

That being said, if he does stay put til next season then the difference in price to the buyer between this summer and next is likely to be 40-50m. What concerns me is the likes of rags/real/barca using that saving to offer even bigger wages than they usually do.

If he's staying put this year I'd offer them the buy out clause now and try to secure a deal before the market picks up next year and other clubs have had a chance to recover financially.
Why would Dortmund accept the buy out clause now? Make more sense to keep him another season and get the buy out. If as you suggest other clubs could recover by next year then there will be more suitors and despite the buy out clause Dortmund can still accept higher offers

Why would Dortmund accept the buy out clause now? Make more sense to keep him another season and get the buy out. If as you suggest other clubs could recover by next year then there will be more suitors and despite the buy out clause Dortmund can still accept higher offers

Yes. They can accept higher offers now. But next year the price is set (whatever it actually is)

I mean offer them the buy out amount this summer and he moves next year. If they're intent on keeping him that is. They'd have the cash in place to line up his replacement and get another year out of him.

At £70m? All the big clubs will be in for him next year. Be nice if we could wrap it up sooner like we did with the jesus deal.

Yes. They can accept higher offers now. But next year the price is set (whatever it actually is)

I mean offer them the buy out amount this summer and he moves next year. If they're intent on keeping him that is. They'd have the cash in place to line up his replacement and get another year out of him.

At £70m? All the big clubs will be in for him next year. Be nice if we could wrap it up sooner like we did with the jesus deal.
Don’t think I’d want too splash out that kind of money too ‘loan’ him back too the club I bought from. Plus we need him now I would suggest, not tomorrow so too speak.

You're right, we do need him now. But do they want to sell now is the question. If yes then we'd better pony up 100m+. With other transfers we've always got an option a,b,c if we don't like the price. I just don't see any alternative to this kid. If we pay more and get him now or less and get him later is fine by me. As long as we get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.