Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to ridicule rags for “players join United for passion and love of the club, not money” and that “City players are just mercenaries”.

I thought our fanbase was different. Guess not.
The moral superiority complex is indeed annoying.

If his reported wage demand of 600-800k a week are real, then we won't be in for him. The issues it would cause with others wanting parity would destabilise the club.

Would love him at city but can't imagine it. Like father like son, if he takes our offer to play in blue and turns down more money I'd be bouncing for days, but I fear he has an agent who probably won't want that to happen.

Think of the financial cesspool Real, Barca and the big name Italian clubs are mired in because they decided they "have to" buy superstars. Fantasy financial planning. I think our owner is smart enough to do what we need to do, buy quality, not headline grabbers.

Why don’t those shits at Stretford ever fall into huge financial mire. If it can happen to bigger clubs like Barca and Real, with all the marketing and commercial deals those clubs have around the world, how the fuck do those wankers just keep on spending £100m+ a transfer window and paying players £600k a week with impunity? And if they can get away with it, why don’t we?

We absolutely have to do anything to sign Haaland especially ahead of them.

City will not pay a player 500k a week and pay his agent sky high fees ffs
Sanchez joins United for 350k pw wages - "City will never pay those wages ffs"

And here we are paying 375k pw to Kevin, 300k pw to Sterling (who is currently in contract negotiations, so will get a salary bump) and 220k pw to a CB (Stones). Just to be clear, all three fully deserve what they're earning so I'm not criticizing the club or the players. Merely making an observation. The threshold of what we can and will pay will keep moving up with the market. We wouldn't have paid 500k pw to a player in 2017. Maybe we will pay that in 2022.

They might, they might not. You're not Khaldoon, or Soriano or Omar, so keep an open mind when discussing money matters as a fan. There are no absolutes.

Sanchez joins United for 350k pw wages - "City will never pay those wages ffs"

And here we are paying 375k pw to Kevin, 300k pw to Sterling (who is currently in contract negotiations, so will get a salary bump) and 220k pw to a CB (Stones). Just to be clear, all three fully deserve what they're earning so I'm not criticizing the club or the players. Merely making an observation. The threshold of what we can and will pay will keep moving up with the market. We wouldn't have paid 500k pw to a player in 2017. Maybe we will pay that in 2022.

They might, they might not. You're not Khaldoon, or Soriano or Omar, so keep an open mind when discussing money matters as a fan. There are no absolutes.
They will absolutely not pay sky high wages/fees

It's tough to say. We had Aguero the entire time. We can't cut corners when our domestic rivals have shown such strong intent in the market. We could turn a player elite but it's a gamble.
Pep doesn't turn players elite. He turns the team elite. It's all about the team being a finely tuned engine.

If a player comes in and is then recognised as an elite player, it is because the team ethos allowed this.

If Kane did arrive we would never be known as the "Harry Kane team", or "KDB" team, or the "Grealish team".

If Haaland comes he will be told that he will never be the lead singer of the band. How he reacts to that information will determine whether or not he signs.

You make some interesting and arguable points but I will stick with what I wrote. Aguero was a well known promising player when City bought him, he became a big name player/superstar by his achievements at City. "The most sought after player" in the public eyes may not be the one City consider to be the optimal fit for City. Doing what's best for City in not accepting " our place as below them in the football ecosystem." it is what has brought us to the top of the tree.
We operate a certain way, a way that has made us successful, after 12 years we aren’t going to suddenly change that, I think every summer there has been talk of going big on somebody and we haven’t. Think Haaland will be the same story and like previously we’ll do just fine.
My opinion is Torres and Delap will get 30 goals between them and we’ll decide the huge cost isn’t worth it for however many goals we think Haaland might score over that 30.

They will absolutely not pay sky high wages/fees
Let’s clarify one thing. Wherever Haaland goes next, he will eventually end up being the highest wage if everything goes according to plan. Because he will be scoring the most goals, being the player to decide most matches, and becoming globally the face of the team. That is inevitable. That is the reason you have Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe next season at Madrid, getting what they get. We don’t have anyone in our squad right now being paid for this role. That’s why you can’t compare these situations. Kevin gets what he gets because for what we have, he certainly stands out, including marketing-wise, but if Ronaldo had come this summer, or Messi, or if Haaland arrives, it’s probable that these guys would be more decisive in terms of matches “they win”.
We have been on average the past decade the team paying the most in fees in the Premier League— last season was an exception with Chelsea BARELY edging us out, but look at the window they had. And this is without us making a purchase the size of Haaland. If anything, the evidence is that we would indeed be willing to spend the agent fees — which are never cut an dry, but rather negotiable. Anyone can check the Grealish thread to see just how many times it was said here that never in a million years we would spend 100M on him. We did because that’s the market. Look at how high we were willing to go for Kane. We wouldn’t have to go that high for Haaland and the return would be higher...

There is also a process of wages being renegotiated in La Liga in the top clubs, which means that this universe in which “oh PL clubs don’t pay those numbers” in a matter of time will switch. People here will soon realize that the PL will be the standard bearer of top wages in terms of leagues. PSG, sporting wise, isn’t a sustainable enterprise — they will continue to spend like crazy, but that will only take them so far in where they can go as an island in the football of France. This new reality of the PL hasn’t caught on for some people here, but I guarantee you the clubs are very aware

If Haaland comes he will be told that he will never be the lead singer of the band. How he reacts to that information will determine whether or not he signs.
If you have ever watched an interview with him, you will see that his mindset is always on the team and the team performance, even when speaking about himself. Even the times people here overreact when he gets upset about something on the pitch, it isn’t with himself (like it happens with Ronaldo a lot, for instance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.