Etihad atmosphere

Just to add, I think when Pep and the players get frustrated and start gesturing to the crowd, it isn't "Never felt more like singing the blues" that they want. It's for the ground to roar them on and lift them when they are playing badly. That type of support has never been much of a feature at City and has got worse over recent years rather than better. It's like there's this innate frustration which has built up because we just can't quite fulfill our true potential. A sense of doom sets in when things are going tits up. The only thing to help with that is belief and a winning team.

True, you go to away games say stoke / hull / wba and even if 2 nil down you hear a roar and a "come on" as they go forward. This is what the team want from, its not the singing section in particular its the come on or the noise as we thread a ball through from midfield or a corner. Instead the stadium is pretty flat.

Fingers crossed all the three groups of singers will get a chance to group when the north stand is re built. Its up to fans to commit and say they will move, not just stay where they are and then say "atmosphere is crap"..

Just to add, I think when Pep and the players get frustrated and start gesturing to the crowd, it isn't "Never felt more like singing the blues" that they want. It's for the ground to roar them on and lift them when they are playing badly. That type of support has never been much of a feature at City and has got worse over recent years rather than better. It's like there's this innate frustration which has built up because we just can't quite fulfill our true potential. A sense of doom sets in when things are going tits up. The only thing to help with that is belief and a winning team.

Agree with this. One of the most forceful chants we have is just the "come on city! come on city!" when we build up a head of steam in a match. Usually followed a bit of good play, corner or a shot we nearly scored from.
Might just be me but I don't recall hearing that very much at all these days.

Trouble is depending where you sit iif you stood up to roar the team on the people near you wil think you are a nutter either that or showsec will throw you out

Trouble is depending where you sit iif you stood up to roar the team on the people near you wil think you are a nutter either that or showsec will throw you out

Yep. Clapping and talking louder than a murmur is all but officially banned in the Colin Bell Stand.

Hahaha the Hamburg game is slowly becoming like who was at York away. A Bluemoon legend/Myth.... A story that gets more twisted each year.

The atmosphere at that game seems to be going down as legendary. It was a good night where the players really tried. Fans got behind the boys and the atmosphere was good. That’s its though. Just a good night. Nothing spectacular that people seem to want to believe.

However, more and more people mention it and its getting its own reputation as a special atmosphere night. It was a £5er in that night and loads of kids were there. It wasn’t as good as people seem to want it to have been.

Derby days are the only days that get everyone going. Face facts. Football and its fans have changed. We will never have crowds getting excited and loud unless it’s a massive do or die game or a derby. Sad but true.

Most clubs have this problem. Not just us.

Completely disagree with you there. The atmosphere was absolutely electric that night. Few years back but I can vividly remember it. I'd go as far to say better than any Derby we've had at the Ethihad as well.

I remember some Hamburg fans coming on here saying how great the atmosphere was, when Bluemoon was sang it was 'like a wall of noise engulfing them' that's some statement from German fans.
The bottom line is if we sing we are loud but how many actually sing?
That's the problem, not the acoustics not showsec it's the fans, most DON'T sing...FACT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.