Etihad atmosphere

Nah. I hate the chants about United. all rags i know love it coz, they believe, it means we're still obsessed with them.
Roughly a minute into their game v Everton at the weekend they started singing, "Why don't City fuck off home," so not sure they can really use the 'obsessed' line..

Roughly a minute into their game v Everton at the weekend they started singing, "Why don't City fuck off home," so not sure they can really use the 'obsessed' line..
Yeah, you're right...that's always my argument. They've actually become so bitter and obsessed with US. One rag i was talking to said that city aren't actually their main rivals, to which i replied "I know...our main rivals are now Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern, Barca etc....."
I don't even check the rags score these days....they're insignificant but good for a laugh.

I have never liked bluemoon as a song, i dread it when i hear it. its awful..

The old songs are the best..

Hate to say but agreed here. It's cringeworthy stuff, tedious ballad not a football tune at all. It is one of the old songs though - circa 1989 if I remember correctly. Time to move on.

Etihad atmosphere is shite...has been for a while as it seems that only the south stand sing.

I love singing at matches but when hundreds around you don't bother it seems kind of pointless. One old guy near me stood up during the Chelsea game trying to encourage those around him to sing...everyone just looked at him in silence like he was crazy.

Etihad atmosphere is shite...has been for a while as it seems that only the south stand sing.

I love singing at matches but when hundreds around you don't bother it seems kind of pointless. One old guy near me stood up during the Chelsea game trying to encourage those around him to sing...everyone just looked at him in silence like he was crazy.

People looking at him like what is he doing standing up singing it's a joke these days. I love singing personally but I sit in the north stand people do the same when me and son sing it's a shame.

Safe Standing seems to get mentioned on an almost daily basis and as great as it is, it's not the holy grail when it comes to atmosphere building.
As the South Stand is almost entirely an unofficial standing area at the moment and it's great fun, what difference is safe standing really going to make?
Celtic Park had an atmosphere before safe standing was installed and all seater stadia hasn't prevented other grounds across the UK making a racket.

120+ pages of discussion with no answer seems to suggest that the fan base is too divided.
For every person who gets out their seat to sing there's another 2 behind them telling him to sit down and shut up.
There's a distinct lack of 'songs' sung out at games.
Sure there's plenty of chants, but these things seem to be carbon copies of what other clubs use and tend to fade out after 3 or 4 loops (Oh Kevin De Bruyne) for example.
Where's the creativity and uniqueness?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.