Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad who wrote that has had a fucking nightmare

How do they get it so wrong?. Probably gave the piece to a kid on Job Experience training who is not clever with maths.
Current capacity 47,500 add 6,000 seats - What do you get son ?-eerm 61,000 ?. - yes well done son - you went to the same school as me. - says Editor. Your hired.

Absolute b*llocks of a tabloid.

How do they get it so wrong?. Probably gave the piece to a kid on Job Experience training who is not clever with maths.
Current capacity 47,500 add 6,000 seats - What do you get son ?-eerm 61,000 ?. - yes well done son - you went to the same school as me. - says Editor. Your hired.

Absolute b*llocks of a tabloid.

He even says that at 61k it will be the third highest capacity behind arsenal - surely anyone with a decent interest in football should know that arsenals stadium is 60k and that at 61k we'd be second and that he might have made an error somewhere!? That's the worst thing, he's got it badly wrong from both angles and it not only shows a lack of research (looks like he's seen that the expansion will take us to 61k and missed that it actually includes expanding another stand!) but also a lack of knowledge in not knowing the Emirates capacity (fairly common knowledge)

It's amazing isn't it. Then again it probably isn't. How many times has the new capacity of the Etihad been mentioned since the expansion was announced. Apart form the OS, BM, SSC, numerous other websites have run with the story and mentioned the new capacity on 100's of occasions. Yet the f***ing Rag Daily Mirror still got it wrong. FFS, this guy is supposed to be a Journalist, and he still got the new capacity wrong. Even a basic check on Google would have answered the question for him. Dickhead!

PS. My camera is fixed and back with me. Going to do a new update next week. :-)

Do you ever sometimes think to yourself, holy shit i'm just a fan and I know more than these paid journalists do. I mean how can you get something so simple, so wrong. All you had to do was google highest capacity stadiums in England ffs.

It's amazing isn't it. Then again it probably isn't. How many times has the new capacity of the Etihad been mentioned since the expansion was announced. Apart form the OS, BM, SSC, numerous other websites have run with the story and mentioned the new capacity on 100's of occasions. Yet the f***ing Rag Daily Mirror still got it wrong. FFS, this guy is supposed to be a Journalist, and he still got the new capacity wrong. Even a basic check on Google would have answered the question for him. Dickhead!

PS. My camera is fixed and back with me. Going to do a new update next week. :-)
Great news j; we've missed your regular input/updates on here. Your a godsend to us expats who can't nip down to the stadium when we like to have a look.

Worth clicking on the link some great pictures of the commonwealth stadium being built I've not seen before if someone wants to post them up

I felt dirty clicking the link... so immediately shut my computer down [the battery didn't die, honest].

"The next stage will be to see how many of the new seats can be filled by fans of the club, given that there were empty spaces aplenty during European nights at the Etihad last season, the jury is out as to whether the new places will be regularly filled - nonetheless, you have to admire the ambition." Nowt about the underlying issues on that one... (HOW ABOUT UEFA, C.L. and City make the prices affordable and more accessable to fans?)

We really need an email address for this clown so one or two of us can put him straight on basic arithmetic and journalistic accuracy.

that's not what I meant (and the picture in the post was not the same source doh!) if you look at the direct URL of pictures on the OS (right click and display in new tab) you'll see they are ashx files with that bit ?h=281&w=500 on the end which displays a 500 pixel wide photo - delete the bit of the end and the picture goes to 800 pixel wide

apologies to non-geeks reading this thinking jrb and I are communicating in The Clangers or Soup Dragon language or something similar...
If you or @jrb are still looking for larger versions of those pics then the Mirror article http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pictures-manchester-citys-stadium-redevelopment-5948418 has 1841*1227 ones available if you open them in a new tab.

Edit: much better

qrSXEi6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.