Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season ww?

Sounds like it - about two hours ago I asked someone one and they said that it has "totally come back to life" and something else that I cant say as it will compromise him. Think they went Laings to do it again as there are issues with warranties on roof and concrete if not. I would be shocked if works don't progress soon after xmas. Been told the souvenir shop is being relocated behind summerbees bar as well. That from 2 different good sources.

Sounds like it - about two hours ago I asked someone one and they said that it has "totally come back to life" and something else that I cant say as it will compromise him. Think they went Laings to do it again as there are issues with warranties on roof and concrete if not. I would be shocked if works don't progress soon after xmas. Been told the souvenir shop is being relocated behind summerbees bar as well. That from 2 different good sources.

Excellent...let's hope Laings do a better job than the SS...the finish is poor to be fair

Are we looking at a replica design to the SS? I know a few alternatives were mooted on here but logic would say it will be exactly the same.

looked the same on the planning app - though somewhere way back in this thread it was mentioned the under-stand setup was going to be completely different

They should put the shop and a museum into the stand like at Barca.

All that room in the South Stand is for corporate. 93:20 and Legends lounge.

A lot of space to fill up.

It's one of the best in England, some people just like moaning for the sake of it.
The inside seating and pitch is very nice. The outside is drab grey panels and drab grey stone. When you're 53° North just near the Atlantic under the Jet Stream with the abundance of grey skies, a grey stadium is literally the worst colour you can choose (well, other than red!). Then the giant pictures of players and that plastered around it really cheapens it and makes it look tacky (some of those pics are pealing off on the corners, it looks awful!).

Inside the ground is lovely though!

They should put the shop and a museum into the stand like at Barca.

All that room in the South Stand is for corporate. 93:20 and Legends lounge.

A lot of space to fill up.
I thought that was the plan but it's been awhile, if they're going to start by Christmas wouldn't the plans be up by now?

It's an ugly stadium isn't it? Football or athletics; it looks terrible. I've thought that since it was built.

It's not an ugly stadium inside. The roof looks spectacular. Plus the setting is pretty impressive.

Outside you have to bear in mind that the upper tier was designed to be temporary and was supposed to have been removed after the Olympics when the capacity was reduced. It was also supposed to have a giant LED wrap right around the stadium but this was abandoned because of cost.

It really is an exciting time to be a blue

Stadium..complex..youth..amazing squad..best manager in the world

I still pinch myself

To think some people still have a moan

Blows my mind how much we have progressed from the club I supported in my youth

Thankyou Sheikh Mansour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.