Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Even in the Kippax not everyone joined in the singing all the time.If there was a huge home end when everyone did sing it would be awesome

For me the best era for atmosphere was when were playing Leeds, the Sheffields, Chelsea, Sunderland and Newcastle etc when we were going for promotion from the second division.

Yes the atmosphere is poor at most grounds now and hopefully safe standing will make a difference. We won’t go from having the South Stand Level 3 leaving 5 minutes before the end of the Derby to a passionate home end at the other side of the ground overnight though!

At least the ground is now full against Bournemouth. They only filled the bottom tier and City fans filled the two above them. Sad as it is you don't expect an atmosphere against Bournemouth. We've got plenty of big games at home coming up when the atmosphere will be good.

Good point Marvin about the turnout but we should still have an atmosphere against Bournemouth. In fairness to Bournemouth, they did bring more than Stoke the last few times played them and all their travelling fans have probably done the long trip to the Etihad in recent seasons.

The best way to generate an atmosphere at City is slip £50 to the opposition hard man to punch Aguero in the face . Then another £50 to the ref to book Aguero for being punched in the face. We are at our best when we feel a sense of injustice during a game. Then fire Hugh Ferrish out of a cannon at half time.
That's true, we are good at being angry. It's years of being angry at the board and the team that has ingrained in us that's what you do at the footy, snarl and moan. When things are going well 90% of the people in the stadium sit back and relax whilst watching.

do we think the younger generation fans want to sing? just a questuon really with football now and how its all changed from 20+ yeara ago

Perhaps the Club could declare the Family Stand obsolete and over the next 3/4 years try to encourage new supporters with kids to apply for other areas of the ground. I'm sure with the right inducements they could make this happen on a large enough scale, maybe even offer to existing families as well. The youngsters who are currently housed in the North Stand would then be 3/4 years older and along with their parents might actually embrace being in an area where singing is the norm. It might take 5/6/7 years from now for the exercise to reach full maturity and the creation of an end that would help those trying to help improve the atmosphere. Maybe the timescales wouldn't sit with those who want it to happen now but it could be a means to an end and more importantly it could happen in an organic way rather than a forced one which i'm sure would be acceptable to everyone. I also welcome PB's suggestion that all areas of the ground should be represented on these Forums and would be keen to be involved if the idea reached maturity.

That's true, we are good at being angry. It's years of being angry at the board and the team that has ingrained in us that's what you do at the footy, snarl and moan. When things are going well 90% of the people in the stadium sit back and relax whilst watching.

and moaning, we are still quite good, though not as good as we were. as for relaxing, i havent got that far yet.

The best way to generate an atmosphere at City is slip £50 to the opposition hard man to punch Aguero in the face . Then another £50 to the ref to book Aguero for being punched in the face. We are at our best when we feel a sense of injustice during a game. Then fire Hugh Ferrish out of a cannon at half time.

Totally agree. We were also pretty belligerent upping the anti when the Rags were winning everything and we were off to Colchester and Wrexham. It’s all a bit cosy just now. Can we fire the cannon at Ferris by the way ?

Last edited:
Maybe the timescales wouldn't sit with those who want it to happen now but it could be a means to an end and more importantly it could happen in an organic way rather than a forced one which i'm sure would be acceptable to everyone.

You mean acceptable to everyone except those who want it to happen now surely? :)

I also welcome PB's suggestion that all areas of the ground should be represented on these Forums and would be keen to be involved if the idea reached maturity.

I don't believe anyone has said any different.

Agree totally. Some of the best Atmospheres I can remember - Hamburg, we were up against it. Derby where Vinny got sent off early on, Chelsea when Luiz should have gone...all cracking atmospheres.

Personally, I know I haven't felt as 'up for it' this year, as pretty much every game is a walk in the park. Yet this is far and away the best team I've ever watched, playing, at times, the best brand of football.

A proper quandary,

Is a family stand, i.e. an specific stand or area within a stand important? I can see that concessionary pricing making it possible for a whole family to come is important but is sitting together in one stand important too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.