Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It’s not allowed but everyone still just stands.

Similar to how our fans stand in certain sections now.

Actually, think the UEFA law is that everyone must be provided with a seat rather than it being you’re not allowed to stand.

Yeah, fair points @blueparrot i think your correct. Had a quick google image of the Dortmund Wall and they arent sitting but rather if there is 6000 rail positions with the seats locked down then thats how they will work it. I dont think the FA or most competitions will agreed to more than 1.0 capcity in these areas. Most will stand though on those occasions and if the atmosphere is correct. No doubt city will be heavily fined by UEFA.

just a thought.

I would make all of the new North stand safe standing.

I would move the family stand to the front if the North stand second tier. I would make the whole of the North Stand lower tier the official singing section. I’d give 1894 the 2 centre blocks behind the goal.

So North stand lower, official safe standing singing section. North stand level 2, front blocks, family stand. The family stand is moved up and the kids get the front blocks, so they see the match better, and can hear and get involved in the chants below them. They could also sit down. Behind the family stand I would have normal safe standing in the remainder of the second tier, where Adult City fans can stand or sit.

But please bear in mind, if the family stand is moved to the front of level 2, they will hear swearing and abusive chants at times. Remember, there is no perfect solution. Somethings have to give. And it won’t be a stand tailored for kids and families anymore.
I was standing on the Kippax when I was at Junior school.

I wonder how advanced City's plans are. I think chances of success will improve if they include you and the small group of experts in the design sign off. The fans are the client after all and in practical terms there's a handful of enthusiasts who'd be ideally placed to comment. Ideally stick two renders with some details on the Internet and open for comment. 99% of the comment might be nonsense and irrelevant but it's surely worthwhile doing? It could be though that we are past that stage?

I was standing on the Kippax when I was at Junior school.

I wonder how advanced City's plans are. I think chances of success will improve if they include you and the small group of experts in the design sign off. The fans are the client after all and in practical terms there's a handful of enthusiasts who'd be ideally placed to comment. Ideally stick two renders with some details on the Internet and open for comment. 99% of the comment might be nonsense and irrelevant but it's surely worthwhile doing? It could be though that we are past that stage?
There is already the fans forum as well as City Matters and some of them post on here so I assume they take back feed back from here as well as their fan surveys. Having to sift through comments on an open forum would be too much.

There is already the fans forum as well as City Matters and some of them post on here so I assume they take back feed back from here as well as their fan surveys. Having to sift through comments on an open forum would be too much.
Get one fan to collate them and write them up.

Last edited:
Can we get this discussion moved to the Atmosphere thread. I thought this one was for developments, proposed and actual, in and around the ground.

Can I summarise,
- The NS may or may not be a big level 2 or mirror the SS.
- There might be safe standing, but there might not.
- The FS may or may not move

But they are still talking about it and sending out surveys to see what support there is for what they might want to do.

No news about the wider Campus development.

Is that it?
The University and some Rugby organisation are building offices on the campus
https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/rugby-league-to-relocate-hq-to-etihad-campus/

Call me cynical but I do not think City will do anything the fans want unless it guarantees them more revenue.
It would be great to have a single or even two tier stand in any new development.
To have the singing section at one end and push the away fans into the top tier of the South Stand.
But I fear it will include more Corporate (which they cannot sell at the moment) and the atmosphere will not improve.

Call me cynical but I do not think City will do anything the fans want unless it guarantees them more revenue.
It would be great to have a single or even two tier stand in any new development.
To have the singing section at one end and push the away fans into the top tier of the South Stand.
But I fear it will include more Corporate (which they cannot sell at the moment) and the atmosphere will not improve.
From what the focus groups are saying and the questionaire sent to fans, it sounds like they are planning the things you want. Apart from away fans in the top tier because we aren't allowed to.

Well, this is City's last chance to improve the atmosphere and the matchday experience, which has always been the buzz word at City. If they do as you say, then it has always been about money and increasing revenue, over the fans, the atmosphere, and supporting the team. with up to 8000 additional seats to sell, even the diehard revenue chaser amongst City Directors and Managers, know any over priced season tickets and seats won't sell. Hence why I was gob smacked when I read £580 for a safe standing season ticket in the survey. Think it was in the NS lower. I stand corrected on that figure and location.

Well, this is City's last chance to improve the atmosphere and the matchday experience, which has always been the buzz word at City. If they do as you say, then it has always been about money and increasing revenue, over the fans, the atmosphere, and supporting the team. with up to 8000 additional seats to sell, even the diehard revenue chaser amongst City Directors and Managers, know any over priced season tickets and seats won't sell. Hence why I was gob smacked when I read £580 for a safe standing season ticket in the survey. Think it was in the NS lower. I stand corrected on that figure and location.

High costs for Safe Standing is almost guaranteed as a controlling measure.

The last thing any PL club will do immediately after standing becomes legal is fill their section with a bunch of boozed up 25-35 year olds in groups of mates.

They will want older, wealthier fans less likely to get into trouble and kill safe standing again.

Rightly or wrongly that's what they'll be thinking.

You're cynical;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.