Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Danamy, 12 Jun 2017.

1. JASR

JASR

... but then you get the problem of crowd build up to get in... and what happens when there is no more space? Where do the waiting people go, you get a Hillsborough type situ - it’s not going to happen from security or safety point of view.

Seats or safe standing will have to be ticketed and pre paid.

2. pardoeofftomexico

pardoeofftomexico

Can you pay on the day anywhere? I wanted to go and watch the Conference play-off a few years ago at the Etihad and although there were only around 18,000 present tickets had to be bought in advance so I couldn't go.

3. 1.618034

I exist on the best terms I can.
  4. UUJblue

UUJblue

+ as i mentioned earlier in this thread - redevelop the back of this stand (city square) to incorporate a stage, food, bars, shop, ticket office all the way down to the tram stop and have the whole lot under one roof like a mini shopping centre - something like the printworks.

5. kev20971

kev20971

Night Router
    I would like to see a raised walkway (maybe two) all the way around the outside of the stadium, that can double up as extra space at half time

6. jrb

jrb

I would expect the design of the whole Etihad Campus master plan to be made public in one go. A bit like the CFA was.

Think MCC, City, MU and the Architects have been drawing up the plans/propsals for sometime on the QT.

That's not to you say the plans won't be delivered in stages. It's a toss up between the MU Sports Science Campus, Wider Etihad Campus, or Collar site Entertainment Venue, which starts first.

Hopefully the plans will finally be made public in 2018. It's already been a long wait. Hopefully it will be worth the wait?

Last edited: 8 Jan 2018
  7. jrb

jrb

Today on the Spurs OS.

Look at the size of the single tier stand at one end of the new Spurs stadium.

Sheikh Mansour, Khalddon and Soriano should be looking at something similar for the NS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. kev20971

kev20971

Night Router
    Personally I don't get all this clamour for a one tier end, because the Kippax wasn't a end. It's not how many tiers a stand as, it's people will to sing that counts.

9. jrb

jrb

No.

Because a single tier does exactly that. It get's 1000's singing together. The KOP, the Stratford End, the Yellow Wall, etc. You don't get level two of the East stand ,or Level 2 of the South Stand singing along with the lower levels of those stands. If the SS was a single tier, and the away fans were elsewhere in the Etihad, I guarantee you most of the SS single tier would join in singing. Perhaps not all the time, but much more than they do now with 3 separate tiers, and corporate area's.(SS level 2)

10. blueparrot

blueparrot

I could be wrong but I thought a single tier wasnt possible without completely demolishing the stand with a reduced capacity and ruled out for that reason. Think a two tier option is the best we can hope for.