Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Just got a great Christmas present form the Mrs. A Virgin Helicopter ride over Manchester/city centre.

I’ll ask the Helicopter Pilot to do a detour over the Etihad Stadium and Coop Live Arena. ;-)

Never been in a Helicopter before, so apart from Looking forward to it, I’m also sh*tting it. :-)

View attachment 64390

View attachment 64391
Amazing mate !!! Enjoy

Just got a great Christmas present form the Mrs. A Virgin Helicopter ride over Manchester/city centre.

I’ll ask the Helicopter Pilot to do a detour over the Etihad Stadium and Coop Live Arena. ;-)

Never been in a Helicopter before, so apart from Looking forward to it, I’m also sh*tting it. :-)

View attachment 64390

View attachment 64391
If you are literally shitting it ask them to fly over Old Trafford on the way! ;)

View attachment 64390

View attachment 64391
I used to take Mrs H for a ride on the Chopper but those days are long gone now, she has to settle for the 330 bus into Ashton instead.

View attachment 64390

View attachment 64391

I am a little surprised ?, a virgin at your age. but enjoy the flight and get some good piccies.

There’s no way we could generate as much as Spuds from an improved Etihad. The retractable pitch is a deffo game-changer and is why Real Madrid have incorporated one into the new Bernabéu. To make the Etihad a stand-out stadium then a 70000 capacity, retractable roof (we’re up north!) and retractable pitch would be awesome additions.Would piss all over the Swamp and Anfield and be the best stadium outside London.

There’s no way we could generate as much as Spuds from an improved Etihad. The retractable pitch is a deffo game-changer and is why Real Madrid have incorporated one into the new Bernabéu. To make the Etihad a stand-out stadium then a 70000 capacity, retractable roof (we’re up north!) and retractable pitch would be awesome additions.Would piss all over the Swamp and Anfield and be the best stadium outside London.

City have half a share in a 23,500 indoor arena that will be used more times each year than the Spurs Stadium for other events bar football.

Spurs have 2 events next year. There's a lot of competition for events in London with numerous stadia and arenas fighting for those events.

It's different in Manchester and the North West. The Etihad stadium is the standout stadium for concerts. It will be even more so when the arena and hotel/s are built.

Out of all the PL stadiums the Etihad has hosted the most Summer concerts over the last decade.

3 more planned for next Summer.

I'm not worried about Spurs. Too far away. Doesn't effect City. Let's see what the proposals for the revamped Old Toilet are, that might have more of an effect on City and the Etihad, but I doubt it. City have pretty much cornered the Stadium concert market in the North West with their slick operation, facilities for touring artists and bands, truck parking space, proximity to the city centre, etc.

Let's see the proposals for the expanded Etihad, the Hotel, the Museum, and City Square first.

In the future City can expand the Etihad further along the sides. Spurs are stuck with their capacity.

Again…. Would a retractable roof and pitch pay for themselves…. It would be a huge outlay and I’m really not sure Manchester would attract things like the NFL. Could be a financial burden? But others probably know better than me, I just think we live in a very London centric Country and that isn’t changing anytime soon…. In an era of levelling up ! The gap is actually widening !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.