Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

View attachment 73142
View attachment 73143
With information pulled from Planning Statement on COOP live shows you footfall for a game and also COOP live, it looks like 60 per cent for a Manchester City game are heading towards the South Stand area and the same roughly for COOP live.

With nothing going to happen with Metro Link, why don't the club build their own transport hub at the former Mercedes garage and run their own shuttle train to a destination further down the line where a multi-storey car park could be built next to Beswick Arches or further down where is available land that has better transport links same in the other direction that they would link up with a major road or train line.

Look at this tiny wee train that runs to Stourbridge you would buy more carriages to run the service lol

Because it would cost more than all 4 aspects of the north stand development put together.

Must admit... when the arena was first being talked about, I was a bit unsure of how a big arena would fit on what I thought was a relatively small piece of land.

The thing is bloody huge, really imposing. Especially striking when you turn off Briscoe Lane onto Alan Turing Way and it comes into view.

Reactions: jrb
Missed loads of this thread.

Is the consolation for the Stadium expansion only or does it include the hotel addition (etc)?

Missed loads of this thread.

Is the consolation for the Stadium expansion only or does it include the hotel addition (etc)?
Consultation is for all if it. Hotel on the left as you view from Joe Mercer Way with 9 levels and 400+ rooms from Joe bloggs to Joe Biden. On the right retail, museum offices etc. In the middle mainly City sq what we might class as outside under terrace but maybe past the sq a closed city hall. And then an extension to be proud of.

Last edited:
Hotel on the left as you view from Joe Mercer Way with 9 levels and 400+ rooms from Joe bloggs to Joe Biden. On the right retail, museum offices etc. In the middle mainly City sq what we might class as outside under terrace but maybe past the sq a closed city hall. And then an extension to be proud of.
Is the 400+ rooms definite or a guess from you ? Thanks

watched some of that last night. Feedback seems consistent from everything I have read.
1) this is a one off chance to have a stand designed to get best atmosphere
2) everyone is worried about the (lack of) a transport strategy

Some interesting points made on security but I'm not sure how you make any venue completely safe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.