Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

View attachment 105550
View attachment 105553

@JGL07 is spot on with his comments , the atletic track could be relocated so they could get more hotels etc and more entertainment district that they have talked about. There is plenty of waste ground near the staduim that could be put to better use, dont know why the club just dont realise plans for the site
There was a plan years ago that the running track was to be relocated to the area of the astro pitches on Ten Acre Lane with a hotel built there and an air bridge to the top tier

I know it’s a bit early to ask. Just out of interest has anyone bought any tickets for any of the shows? If so, please give us a review of the arena after the shows on this thread. Thanks.
I have tickets for Keane in May.

I’m intrigued as to whether anyone here has tickets for the opening gig which apparently is “A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie”

Test event maybe?

I know it’s a bit early to ask. Just out of interest has anyone bought any tickets for any of the shows? If so, please give us a review of the arena after the shows on this thread. Thanks.
Seeing Liam Gallagher with my son on the first night. Can't wait not only for the gig, but to also see the arena

Booked for both Eric Clapton and the Eagles.. fact that they are booking these residencies makes me think they confident it will open on time. Probably will need some snagging going into next year though from rumours and appearances

Wife going to Take That and got me a ticket so I can check out the arena. Will report when I've been.

Regarding the whole site, it still needs a train station to handle the amount of traffic that both football and live music events will bring.

Please see a new planned arena in Edinburgh which has a station right next to it and a tram stop

The arena only holds 8500 people

The heavy rail line was part of the Northern Hub, to be updated to mainline standard and electrified. I've traveled on it to Victoria. A public service provided. Sadly only one-fifth of the Northern Hub, the Ordsall Chord, was paid for and completed. The line runs from Ashburys (Midland Junction) to Philips Park Junction and I gather is used for stock transfers and diversions. The line is obviously hidden in plain sight, for the authorities and the public, unaware of it's presence and potential. Maybe a station for the Co-op Live Arena and Stadia on Rowsley Street. It's on a direct line from the West, Liverpool etc to the East, Sheffield etc. 4,000 houses are planned by the council next to it in Holt Town as part of redevelopment which would make the station have even more relevance.

1706634468479.png
1706634712667.png

Im in for Liam’s Definitely Maybe Anniversary gig. Looking forward to seeing what its like

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.