Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

If anybody was unsure about about whether Co-Op Live would be a success - this place is going to be an absolute game changer for Manchester.

Check out the June listings now that Pearl Jam have been added to the list today - 19 gigs already listed in June - all huge artists and bands.

That’s nearly half a million punters in a month with probably a few more gigs to be added for a period that is normally quiet for arena gigs as it’s festival and stadium season.

Once people realise what is offer at the venue - they will be spending a lot more time there before and after the gigs than they ever do at other arenas.

If anybody was unsure about about whether Co-Op Live would be a success - this place is going to be an absolute game changer for Manchester.

Check out the June listings now that Pearl Jam have been added to the list today - 19 gigs already listed in June - all huge artists and bands.

That’s nearly half a million punters in a month with probably a few more gigs to be added for a period that is normally quiet for arena gigs as it’s festival and stadium season.

Once people realise what is offer at the venue - they will be spending a lot more time there before and after the gigs than they ever do at other arenas.

Hallelujah!

And some posters on here were arguing the toss that Manchester, (the North west, and the North of England, the UK, and across Europe) couldn’t support 2 arenas in the city.

Hallelujah!

And some posters on here were arguing the toss that Manchester, (the North west, and the North of England, the UK, and across Europe) couldn’t support 2 arenas in the city.
We'll be getting some of the revenue won't we JRB ?

We'll be getting some of the revenue won't we JRB ?

I don’t know if the club will be getting any revenue from the Coop Live Arena. That’s always been questionable and has been discussed on here at length, without an answer, if my memory of the discussion is correct?

The CFG is the equal joint venture partner and investor in Co-op Live, not Manchester City Football Club, even though the club comes under the CFG umbrella. The club might divert the money theoughout the CFG or straight into Sheikh Mansour’s empty bank account. ;-)

Harry Styles will get some of the money as he is also part of the partnership, albeit it with a minority stake, whatever that is?

Oak View Group (OVG) today confirmed City Football Group (CFG), the global operator of football and sports-related business, has become OVG’s equal joint venture partner and investor in Co-op Live.

Needs some new pubs and restaurants around the area.

Needs some new pubs and restaurants around the area.

Apart from on match days there’s not much call or footfall for new pubs, bars or restaurant close to the ground. The closest cluster of bars and restaurants is in New Islington and Ancoats. I‘m sure City are happy about that.

It will be interesting to see what the plans for the Collar site are, and if the proposed leisure destination is still being brought forward to cater for leisure, bars, restaurants, etc.

Bar the pubs that are close to the ground, I don’t see anyone else taking a punt on a pub, bar or restaurants close to the ground. It’s pretty much dead money, with little or no return or profit apart from home games.

I don’t know if the club will be getting any revenue from the Coop Live Arena. That’s always been questionable and has been discussed on here at length, without an answer, if my memory of the discussion is correct?

The CFG is the equal joint venture partner and investor in Co-op Live, not Manchester City Football Club, even though the club comes under the CFG umbrella. The club might divert the money theoughout the CFG or straight into Sheikh Mansour’s empty bank account. ;-)

Harry Styles will get some of the money as he is also part of the partnership, albeit it with a minority stake, whatever that is?

Oak View Group (OVG) today confirmed City Football Group (CFG), the global operator of football and sports-related business, has become OVG’s equal joint venture partner and investor in Co-op Live.
The grey area regarding MCFC revenue for me is the North Stand Development. The hotel, fanzone and facilities and enclosed area are all I would expect to add to revenue.

The inconsistency is in what constitutes revenue where the stadium and facilities are not directly linked to football? Yet another can of worms yet to open.

Apart from on match days there’s not much call or footfall for new pubs, bars or restaurant close to the ground. The closest cluster of bars and restaurants is in New Islington and Ancoats. I‘m sure City are happy about that.

It will be interesting to see what the plans for the Collar site are, and if the proposed leisure destination is still being brought forward to cater for leisure, bars, restaurants, etc.

Bar the pubs that are close to the ground, I don’t see anyone else taking a punt on a pub, bar or restaurants close to the ground. It’s pretty much dead money, with little or no return or profit apart from home games.
Lots of profit now with the arena surely that’s the point the poster was making

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.