Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Unless there's nearly a concert/event a day, they won't be getting that in June and July!
19 gigs in June already announced I believe. Circa 450000 people…. With more to come. 500000 will be there or thereabouts in June!

Last edited:
Apart from on match days there’s not much call or footfall for new pubs, bars or restaurant close to the ground. The closest cluster of bars and restaurants is in New Islington and Ancoats. I‘m sure City are happy about that.

It will be interesting to see what the plans for the Collar site are, and if the proposed leisure destination is still being brought forward to cater for leisure, bars, restaurants, etc.

Bar the pubs that are close to the ground, I don’t see anyone else taking a punt on a pub, bar or restaurants close to the ground. It’s pretty much dead money, with little or no return or profit apart from home games.
But if the arena is bringing in thousands 15 to 20 times a month. Surely its worth someone opening up a pub restaurant nearby?

Pricing for concert tickets are considerably higher than tickets at the AO arena I've noticed. Also very sneakily charging more for aisle seats and if u were to buy 6 seats and 1 of them is a aisle seat they also charge u for the 5 other seats at aisle prices even though they aren't aisle seats.

If anybody was unsure about about whether Co-Op Live would be a success - this place is going to be an absolute game changer for Manchester.

Check out the June listings now that Pearl Jam have been added to the list today - 19 gigs already listed in June - all huge artists and bands.

That’s nearly half a million punters in a month with probably a few more gigs to be added for a period that is normally quiet for arena gigs as it’s festival and stadium season.

Once people realise what is offer at the venue - they will be spending a lot more time there before and after the gigs than they ever do at other arenas.
They will have to if they dont want a walk back into town. They have to get transport sorted out.

The grey area regarding MCFC revenue for me is the North Stand Development. The hotel, fanzone and facilities and enclosed area are all I would expect to add to revenue.

The inconsistency is in what constitutes revenue where the stadium and facilities are not directly linked to football? Yet another can of worms yet to open.

I‘m sure Masters and his puppet-masters are working in some proposals to head this off….

I'm surprised at that. I'd have thought the turnaround time between concerts by different acts would preclude that many concerts in a 30 day period.
Game changer for the entire area…

Its not 19 different acts tho, which might help. Eg, Liam and Take That are on for multiple nights each!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.