Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

There will always be teething problems when a new venue opens.

Remember the dreadful scenes and queues when City brought in digital season and match tickets on mobile phones. It was utter chaos for numerous home matches.
Not my recollection but maybe wrong, I do remember lots getting there early just in case, and the months of doom in advance

So this set back has cost BAM around £5m in penalty fees.

some of the things from Saturday was power issues that BAM said were sorted then didn't work on Saturday morning, there was one main bar and alcohol could not be taken into certain parts because that was part of the conditions from the council for it being a test event.
In terms of concourse space there are 4 concourses and an incredible amount of space compared to the AO, it was about 20% capacity with about 10% of concourse space, it was a safe event and from everyone I spoke to leaving it was overall well received,

Yes things are still being finished off but given time it will all be forgotten about, the sound within the arena bowl is incredible compared to other venues around the country and there is a noticeable difference in terms of view points around the venue.

Theres issues at most venues during the opening, theres a reason venues this size don't open every week its one hell of a challenge with lots of moving parts, even venues that have been opened 20+ years have issues during changes, some are just more publicised than others

In 2017 after reopening in the September Manchester Arena had issues https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ster-news/gig-goers-face-huge-queues-13673642

So this set back has cost BAM around £5m in penalty fees.

some of the things from Saturday was power issues that BAM said were sorted then didn't work on Saturday morning, there was one main bar and alcohol could not be taken into certain parts because that was part of the conditions from the council for it being a test event.
In terms of concourse space there are 4 concourses and an incredible amount of space compared to the AO, it was about 20% capacity with about 10% of concourse space, it was a safe event and from everyone I spoke to leaving it was overall well received,

Yes things are still being finished off but given time it will all be forgotten about, the sound within the arena bowl is incredible compared to other venues around the country and there is a noticeable difference in terms of view points around the venue.

Theres issues at most venues during the opening, theres a reason venues this size don't open every week its one hell of a challenge with lots of moving parts, even venues that have been opened 20+ years have issues during changes, some are just more publicised than others

In 2017 after reopening in the September Manchester Arena had issues https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ster-news/gig-goers-face-huge-queues-13673642
You can't have penalty clauses in England and Wales, contract law day 1.

Really intrigued to see when they get the LED’s & screens going, surely should have been tested by now? All i’ve seen so far is a clip saying good luck Man City.

I thought it was changable screens all the way round but looking at it, probably be screens in the corners then just blue LED lighting round the rest of the top

Really intrigued to see when they get the LED’s & screens going, surely should have been tested by now? All i’ve seen so far is a clip saying good luck Man City.

I thought it was changable screens all the way round but looking at it, probably be screens in the corners then just blue LED lighting round the rest of the top

That good luck Man City looked woeful. Like 80s arcade standard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.