Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The living wall looks great. At least it will keep the graffiti and tagging twats at bay. Bar the back of the arena wall. And the odd Rag loon on derby day.

Last edited:
I saw the arena launched a competition for free tickets and you could select which events you wanted if you won. Fully expecting a charm offensive where they try to offer a many freebies as they can to fill the venue once opened. The pricing is still too high for a new venue. Unless £80/90 base tickets is the soft launch price and they plan to go higher.

Kings of Leon play in June. Tickets have been on sale for a while now. Not even standing has sold out. It's the extortionate pricing. Standing. £80, Seating £85-110?! No idea why an aisle seat is cheaper either? https://www.seetickets.com/event/kings-of-leon/co-op-live/2953066
The beauty of gigs is you see a band you love and you make it a social thing and ask mates if they fancy it and even a band they aren't mad about they'd tag along. That's stopping now, seen plenty of people go "that's just too expensive". I just don't know who is affording it at the moment.

Fontaines are playing the Aviva Factory Place in town in November. £45. The venue also did pay what you can tickets. The band sold out 3 days in an hour. That's 15k standing tickets across the dates. I think I read co-op has 7.5k standing capacity for that KOL gig.

I understand the market forces thing but this will get worse. UFC to come. Fans think they might reach £400 a ticket for that and you get walk home at 7am apparently due to the US TV demands.

I saw the arena launched a competition for free tickets and you could select which events you wanted if you won. Fully expecting a charm offensive where they try to offer a many freebies as they can to fill the venue once opened. The pricing is still too high for a new venue. Unless £80/90 base tickets is the soft launch price and they plan to go higher.

Kings of Leon play in June. Tickets have been on sale for a while now. Not even standing has sold out. It's the extortionate pricing. Standing. £80, Seating £85-110?! No idea why an aisle seat is cheaper either? https://www.seetickets.com/event/kings-of-leon/co-op-live/2953066
The beauty of gigs is you see a band you love and you make it a social thing and ask mates if they fancy it and even a band they aren't mad about they'd tag along. That's stopping now, seen plenty of people go "that's just too expensive". I just don't know who is affording it at the moment.

Fontaines are playing the Aviva Factory Place in town in November. £45. The venue also did pay what you can tickets. The band sold out 3 days in an hour. That's 15k standing tickets across the dates. I think I read co-op has 7.5k standing capacity for that KOL gig.

I understand the market forces thing but this will get worse. UFC to come. Fans think they might reach £400 a ticket for that and you get walk home at 7am apparently due to the US TV demands.
Gigs are getting to expensive and I have stopped going to gigs other than at the very small venues like Night and Day and Deaf Institute. Even gigs at Gorilla can be £40 now.
I'd people stop buying the tickets prices will come down.

Why pay £250 for The Eagles?

Do people like being ripped off?

A long article on BBC news. 6 hours old.

Co-op Live: How UK’s biggest indoor arena became butt of jokes​

IMG-0974.webp

Gigs are getting to expensive and I have stopped going to gigs other than at the very small venues like Night and Day and Deaf Institute. Even gigs at Gorilla can be £40 now.

They're not really being ripped off though as they will sell out, so people are obviously happy to pay it. There's no chance of me ever paying that although I'd love to see them myself.

I think there’s lots of young people who think they’re rich and try to spend like money is going out of fashion. There’s so much to buy (waste) these days and they try to live like their parents and/or celebrity heroes who possibly do have cash to spare. Plus easy credit doesn’t help. Then they’re moaning they can’t afford rent, mortgage, childcare etc.

{end rant}

Pretty much comparable with expensive football match tickets. And as a rule shows tend to last longer than matches. And offer guaranteed entertainment. It is what it is. Fans of artists and groups will pay those prices. Just like City fans will pay match ticket prices. Are the tickets too expensive? Yes they are, just like football match tickets are too expensive.

They're not really being ripped off though as they will sell out, so people are obviously happy to pay it. There's no chance of me ever paying that although I'd love to see them myself.

The rise of streaming and the demise of the cd has led the music industry to where it is on concert ticket prices. There’s a lot less money in making music and selling it than there was 20 years ago, the biggest money maker is going on tour and extracting as much money on ticket sales as possible.

Pretty much comparable with expensive football match tickets. And as a rule shows tend to last longer than matches. And offer guaranteed entertainment. It is what it is. Fans of artists and groups will pay those prices. Just like City fans will pay match ticket prices. Are the tickets too expensive? Yes they are, just like football match tickets are too expensive.
I really like The Eagles but no way will I pay £250 to see them.
I like The Black Keys and Kings of Leon but not as much as they want to charge for me to see dots of people on stage.
Give me Yes Manchester or even The Soup Kitchen any time. I did see both Black Keys and Kings of Leon in these small venues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.