Etilsalat 'Congratulations' Cringe

Yeah the Etihad is much quieter in real life ;)

The video isn't good but it's been made because we won the league. imagine if we hadn't - that video would still exist somewhere ready to get leaked
I wonder if the Liverpool 2014 Champions video will ever make it onto social media. Now that would be the biggest laugh ever and it must exist somewhere.

We can but hope it turns in to "so bad it's good" because we're being roasted for it everywhere.

True but Liverpool have those terrible Nivea ads which are on all the time, united did the Sanchez piano nonsense so not like we are the only ones. It's the modern way sadly, which doesn't make it any better for the average fan, but football stopped caring about that a long time ago!

My point is that it becomes self manufactured from the club. If they want real city kids get around the ground on the streets and you will find them. Not just that little ginger prick.

Whether you agree with the club employing him or not, ultimately he's a little boy being given opportunities by the club that he supports. You can't blame him for wanting to do it or his parents for allowing him to and there's absolutely no need to call him names.

True but Liverpool have those terrible Nivea ads which are on all the time, united did the Sanchez piano nonsense so not like we are the only ones. It's the modern way sadly, which doesn't make it any better for the average fan, but football stopped caring about that a long time ago!

But there's a fundamental difference between this Etilsalat shit and the Nivea and Sanchez piano bollocks. The Nivea and piano nonsense were not attempting authenticity and it was the appalling attempt at authenticity that sets the Etilsalat garbage apart.

Ads where Sergio races a sports car or Rooney pretends to know about plonk are fluff and nonsense, they can be good, bad, funny or risible, but this corporate caricature of what it is to be a match going supporter is a horse of a different colour, it' not just crap, it is, even by advertising standards, a genuine bona fide lie, it has taken something and distorted it to such an extent as to be unrecognisable. Etilsalat wants to be associated with authentic fans, but it can't, so it re-invents authenticity and associates itself with that, f**k that for a game of soldiers!

Throw in to the mix that the ad is amateurish, insulting and plays in to the plastic club, plastic fan bollocks we all live with, you have to come to the conclusion that, all in all, it's a shit stain of a commercial.

The etisalat video is to a degree cringeworthy yet, at the same time, pure marketing brillance. I do not need to discuss the first part, whereas, the second extends from both the media's and social platform discussion of it. Here everyone whether they approve or disapprove are repeating the same message "Manchester City are Champions"; fans with an affiliation will take the mickey but younger children will see the positive and value in being a City fan.

There is then Squires' cartoon in the Guardian it again reinforces a number of points: City are Champions; Pogba has gone missing; football players are human; CFG is here to stay; many of us are too dependent on social media, and; the price of failure both simplistically, Pardew, and in terms of the state actor (the imprisoned).

I could take the analysis further but this isn't the place or correct medium. There is one further point to note, if we consider the Garre (brillant footballer, in my opinion) case at CAS; examine the way certain papers' and media outlets focus on us rather than the 'defendant' in this instance FIFA. Yet, all press is good press...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.