EU Referendum Thread

With the EU in a shambles and showing its true colours it is the ideal time to hold the referendum.

We could be seeing TV pictures of food and medical aid being sent to Greece by the time the referendum happens.

Late 2016 now they're saying.

With the EU in a shambles and showing its true colours it is the ideal time to hold the referendum.

We could be seeing TV pictures of food and medical aid being sent to Greece by the time the referendum happens.

Doesn't matter. No matter the vote we will not be allowed to leave.

If we vote out money will be thrown at us till we vote in.

I also expect major scare stories in the lead up to the vote promising Armageddon if we vote out.

I also expect major scare stories in the lead up to the vote promising Armageddon if we vote out.

Scare stories from the in campaign and fairy stories from the out campaign - it's going to be fun

“Economically, we see the end of Europe’s glorious years compared with what others are doing,” the president of the European Commission said.

The “dream” of a unified continent is at risk from “fissures and fractures” of national divisions and separatist movements, he said.

“The European Union is not going very well,” Mr Juncker said. “And so we must ensure that we keep alive the ambitions, hopes and dreams of Europe.”

even Junker knows the gig is up.

I think we will become semi detached rather than completely leave. Once all of the new trade agreements have been negotiated, we will still have strong ties to the EU, complying with many of its regulations such as the free movement of labour. It will essentially result in the two speed Europe that has been floated in the past. There will be a core group tied to the single currency and the principle of ever increasing union. We will be in a second group aligned to the EU for trading purposes.

See Portugal for further details.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...rtugals-anti-euro-Left-banned-from-power.html
“In 40 years of democracy, no government in Portugal has ever depended on the support of anti-European forces, that is to say forces that campaigned to abrogate the Lisbon Treaty, the Fiscal Compact, the Growth and Stability Pact, as well as to dismantle monetary union and take Portugal out of the euro, in addition to wanting the dissolution of NATO,” said Mr Cavaco Silva.

But the EU is good, trading links, puppies....

That is beyond sickening. I seen some commentators defending it by saying that although it is foolishof the President it is within the rules so is therefore okay.
I'm curious what would happen if we vote out. The EU needs the departure of one of it's major net contributors like it needs a hole in the head. The Euro is already under immense pressure and is showing signs of cracking. Would an out vote trigger a serious renegotiation and a second referendum?

I'm curious what would happen if we vote out. The EU needs the departure of one of it's major net contributors like it needs a hole in the head. The Euro is already under immense pressure and is showing signs of cracking. Would an out vote trigger a serious renegotiation and a second referendum?
We've asked them to reform the EU, make it more what we initially signed up to; a trade union with economic partnership. They have refused time and time again, stating that 'a fully integrated Europe" is the way forward. We've had Barroso championing the EU, likening it to that of the old Empires.(Not what the EEC was meant to be)

We've had Hollande stating that member states should either accept more integration, or leave.

Losing the UK, the second largest economy in Europe after Germany, would be a hammer blow. There's no debating that. There's a lot of talk about what would happen to the UK if we left yet few are prepared to discuss the serious ramifications a British exit would do to the EU. The UK is in the unique position that the result of our referendum has to be accepted and then renegotiations must take place regarding our relationship with Europe on trade issues http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/th.../title-6-final-provisions/137-article-50.html. The EU itself cannot block or influence any result of the referendum though they have attempted to drive home the pro argument via the BBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.