EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard it said that the floating voter will favour the no change option, but that its self is a non starter on one simple fact, the EU will not remain the same.

The aims of the EU is to form a super state of Europe with full integration of member countries at every level , it is not going to stop until that happens no matter what countries think they have agreed too, or what vetto`s they claim to have. We originally signed up to a free trade union, anyone think thats what we are mired in now ?.

The people who think an in vote will lead to things just remaining as they are now are also being conned, its simply not on the table, get out or go under as a nation are your only choices.

To be honest a true United States of Europe, where each countries leaders are like a Governor, and a democratic leader of the EU is voted in like the USA President sounds quite appealing.

Obviously to start with countries would just vote for there own to be in power but that would change over time ( A long time ).

I voted "Yes" in 1975 and see no reason for changing, a fact reinforced when I see the likes of Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, UKIP, BNP and the Daily Mail lined up in the "Out" camp.

I voted "Yes" in 1975 and see no reason for changing, a fact reinforced when I see the likes of Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, UKIP, BNP and the Daily Mail lined up in the "Out" camp.

You voted Yes to the European Economic community, not to the European Union which tells us what our human rights laws should be and interferes in our national life to an unnecessary degree.

To be honest a true United States of Europe, where each countries leaders are like a Governor, and a democratic leader of the EU is voted in like the USA President sounds quite appealing.

But thats not what we are talking about and never will be, most yanks no matter what their politics see themselves as American, Europe is a jigsaw being forced together over the objections of a huge number of people.

Then you can answer a simple question, How true a picture is reflected in what you voted for is the EU today ?, your point on picking out Boris Johnson ect is surely nullified when the exact opposites like George Galaway are leading outers, its not about national politics but national survival.

Obviously to start with countries would just vote for there own to be in power but that would change over time ( A long time ).

And the UK in the EU would be not dissimilar to the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest. They'd gang up and vote down our interests! Much like they do now with our songs!

But thats not what we are talking about and never will be, most yanks no matter what their politics see themselves as American, Europe is a jigsaw being forced together over the objections of a huge number of people.

Then you can answer a simple question, How true a picture is reflected in what you voted for is the EU today ?, your point on picking out Boris Johnson ect is surely nullified when the exact opposites like George Galaway are leading outers, its not about national politics but national survival.

We voted at the time to join a trade association, not a full-on, fuckin' bureaucrats dream come true! What we have now is so far removed from what was on the table in the seventies it makes the first vote wholly irrelevant.

that would take generations to get over there's no doubt, its just an ideological ideal at the moment.

And the UK in the EU would be not dissimilar to the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest. They'd gang up and vote down our interests! Much like they do now with our songs!

If it was a true United states of Europe there woudn't be "Our Interests" and "There interests" they would be the same thing.

As mentioned above though, its just a pie in the sky ideal scenario at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.