EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have very little grasp of what left and right is, beyond a lazy Daily Mail stereotype. The left has often been more anti immigration than the right , has been far more protective of labour and against the free flow than the right and just as intolerant of groups , religions etc as the right. I think you confuse tolerance, progressiveness, liberal ideals with the left and conservative , intolerance , protectionism with the right. There are huge chunks of both the left and right who would fervently share the opposite view than which you espouse to them.

Little englanders , those who panic about immigration , those who seek to be isolationist or protectionist and those who hark for a past that is long gone come from both left and right and actually I see your views on here as quite lefty. UKIP are quite left in some ways and in many ways the far right or Tories and labour are much closer than they think and the left of the Tories and right of labour are far closer than they would admit.

That is reality but it doesn't confirm to lazy stereotype a hole I admit to falling into pm here by associating brexit with the right which is true on the face of it based on supporters but won't reflect the actual voters

It's at this point I question your knowledge and grasp of British Politics. How long have you lived in Australia?

Make no mistake - UKIP are a one trick pony party (that being their policy on immigration which is very right wing) that appeals to the masses. Beyond that they probably more right wing than Thatcher (I accept maybe not at the grass roots ground level) if indeed that were possible. If anyone votes UKIP, trust me the NHS would be anything but safe in their hands!

And still I'm voting out!

I think you have very little grasp of what left and right is, beyond a lazy Daily Mail stereotype. The left has often been more anti immigration than the right , has been far more protective of labour and against the free flow than the right and just as intolerant of groups , religions etc as the right. I think you confuse tolerance, progressiveness, liberal ideals with the left and conservative , intolerance , protectionism with the right. There are huge chunks of both the left and right who would fervently share the opposite view than which you espouse to them.

Little englanders , those who panic about immigration , those who seek to be isolationist or protectionist and those who hark for a past that is long gone come from both left and right and actually I see your views on here as quite lefty. UKIP are quite left in some ways and in many ways the far right or Tories and labour are much closer than they think and the left of the Tories and right of labour are far closer than they would admit.

That is reality but it doesn't confirm to lazy stereotype a hole I admit to falling into pm here by associating brexit with the right which is true on the face of it based on supporters but won't reflect the actual voters
At what point, exactly, is it ok to 'Panic about immigration?' You constantly champion some urgent need for immigrants into this country, currently at
levels entirely unprecedented in history, around a city the size of Coventry each year, and rising. The rise of the older indiginous demographic used as justification
for vast numbers such as these, is ludicrous, plus the fact hordes of unskilled workers drags the earning capabilities of the millions of unskilled home grown workers back.
Add the fact that this type of immigrant qualifies for in work benefits, and is also free to bring in dependants, how exactly are they contributing?
Being in the EU means we have to accept anyone from there, regardless of skills, and it's obvious that hundreds of thousands of Eastern Europeans are going to remove to a country that
has wage rates around 5 times higher than their own, I don't blame them, so would I.
Nobody is suggesting zero immigration, certain industries and services need skills that may not be here, so need to recruit abroad, with a sensible immigration policy in force,
this can be addressed to the benefit of this country.
Or we can just accept your solutions, open up to the world, and let in 5-10 million a year, or more, then all our OAP's will be living in paradise.

At what point, exactly, is it ok to 'Panic about immigration?' You constantly champion some urgent need for immigrants into this country, currently at
levels entirely unprecedented in history, around a city the size of Coventry each year, and rising. The rise of the older indiginous demographic used as justification
for vast numbers such as these, is ludicrous, plus the fact hordes of unskilled workers drags the earning capabilities of the millions of unskilled home grown workers back.
Add the fact that this type of immigrant qualifies for in work benefits, and is also free to bring in dependants, how exactly are they contributing?
Being in the EU means we have to accept anyone from there, regardless of skills, and it's obvious that hundreds of thousands of Eastern Europeans are going to remove to a country that
has wage rates around 5 times higher than their own, I don't blame them, so would I.
Nobody is suggesting zero immigration, certain industries and services need skills that may not be here, so need to recruit abroad, with a sensible immigration policy in force,
Or we can just accept your solutions, open up to the world, and let in 5-10 million a year, or more, then all our OAP's will be living in paradise.
Agreed. The irony is he lives in Australia with one of the strictest immigration policies in the world.

Agreed. The irony is he lives in Australia with one of the strictest immigration policies in the world.
Not to mention harshest too. Turning boatloads of refugees away.... Shoving them all on to a small island whilst they [the Australians] have swathes of land at their disposal.

It's at this point I question your knowledge and grasp of British Politics. How long have you lived in Australia?

Make no mistake - UKIP are a one trick pony party (that being their policy on immigration which is very right wing) that appeals to the masses. Beyond that they probably more right wing than Thatcher (I accept maybe not at the grass roots ground level) if indeed that were possible. If anyone votes UKIP, trust me the NHS would be anything but safe in their hands!

And still I'm voting out!
So you think only right wing Tories are pro brexit and anti immigration? Tha UKIP only pick up votes from the right of the Tory party? It's certainly not what the facts and figures suggest

Policies that cost billions and hurt jobs and the economy , australia even with such nonsense is a very high immigrant country. It is a made up political problem here that was used to cynically win an election

Last edited:
There is never a right time to panic about anything . Immigration can be slowed the day Britain has a coherent strategy to deal with all the negative impacts of it happening and the wealthy and powerful are prepared to accept the greater financial strain it would put on them and also when Britain stops being involved in regime change and destabilisation and helping cause the mass movement of people .

Your 5-10 m wouldn't last 6 months demand and supply and all that

Not to mention harshest too. Turning boatloads of refugees away.... Shoving them all on to a small island whilst they [the Australians] have swathes of land at their disposal.
Utterly appalling some of the things done here and supported equally by left and right ! It has always been a political issue not an economic or real issue as well , the coat of the policy far outweighs any supposed benefit

There is never a right time to panic about anything . Immigration can be slowed the day Britain has a coherent strategy to deal with all the negative impacts of it happening and the wealthy and powerful are prepared to accept the greater financial strain it would put on them and also when Britain stops being involved in regime change and destabilisation and helping cause the mass movement of people .
What coherent strategy? Who exactly do you mean by 'Wealthy and powerful,' and what exactly do you propose they do?
I've not noticed Britain being involved in regime change in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.